Love it or Hate it. Haruhi is officially as popular as......

Crayon shin-chan and Doraemon are awesome, but both of them are too japanese for western tastes. I think that Heidi of the Alps is a Takahashi's anime (or Myiazaki, can't say for sure now...)

chaos said:
Crayon shin-chan and Doraemon are awesome, but both of them are too japanese for western tastes. I think that Heidi of the Alps is a Takahashi's anime (or Myiazaki, can't say for sure now...)

Yep Heidi of the Alps is done by Takahata

Re: Love it or Hate it. Haruhi is officially as popular as..

CitizenGeek said:
Ryo Chan said:
I'm sure the anti moe brigade will like this news

Haruhi is great; it makes fun of moe and parodies it. The moment something like Kannon or Clannad or Moon Phase gets that popular is when I'll be angry at the anime industry. Haruhi, however, is fantastic! :p

Moon Phase is moe? I actually enjoyed a bit of the manga.

But seriously... I can't be bothered to tell which is moe and which isn't. The only moe I can think of is Jirae no Kodomo (Nymphet in English), which I utterly dispies.

I mean... what is exactly wrong with Moe? It's just an art style to me... Nothing more. I mean... okay. A 20 year old looks like a... let say, 10 year old? Doesn't bother me if I know the age... and if something really out of order such as overboard fanservice, then I turn it off.

But Shana could be called 'Moe', yet I thoroughly enjoyed it. And it's one of my most favourite anime.

People are being too hard on Moe without actually know what kind of content lies in it.

Moe is just a art style to me... Nothing more. It's nothing like Loli, so I can't see it being 'evil'

Moon Phase is defintely moe. The seiyuu for Hazuki even goes on about the fact that it's moe (or that Hazuki's moe) for a few paragraphs in one of the booklets that came with the boxset.

seriously, I don't se nothing wrong with moe or lolis. Like you say, it's mainly a stylistic thing. Series like Haruhi and Cardcaptors uses the moe style characters and are great series. XXXHolic uses and abuses the gothic lolitas style and it is a great series. In fairness, I'd say it's a character by character / series by series thing. Now fanservice...

chaos said:
seriously, I don't se nothing wrong with moe or lolis. Like you say, it's mainly a stylistic thing. Series like Haruhi and Cardcaptors uses the moe style characters and are great series. XXXHolic uses and abuses the gothic lolitas style and it is a great series. In fairness, I'd say it's a character by character / series by series thing. Now fanservice...

Moe is just an art Style
Loli on the other hand... isn't a art style, but a horrible Genre (no arguements here because AUKN is obsessed with Loli discussion)

But I agree with you... Moe is just an art style to me. Doesn't degrade the anime in any way... I mean...

Haruhi and Cardcaptors would not work if it doesn't use the Moe style. But people like CG are just bashing it because they feel like it's going to lead to something wrong. And Lupus... well... he is an oldie anime fan, so I can see where he comes from =P

I watched anime that could be deemed as Moe and I don't see the problem. Shana is definitley great and that's Moe.

But people shouldn't bash it because it looks 'moe'. Have you ever tried watching it... reading Wiki to see what the theme is, etc? Try that... instead of being ignorant big heads tards -_-

Back