Longest manga series you've read so far...

At the moment Chibi Vampire and Rozen Maiden both 7 volumes so far.

I have pretty much stuck away from the manga with huge runs at the moment. I like to get in at the start of something and see it through, also I have a bad feeling that if I started one of the longer running series I would end up not being able to get all the volumes.

I'm not quite sure the exact chapter number but i was up to date with Japan on weekly Bleach till christmas when i stopped reading so the issues could pile up.

At the moment it would only be something like Genshiken which stretched to 9 volumes, owever I am currently reading Air Gear which is only on vol. 7 but will stretch on for a looooong time with the amount of story still to go

Naruto (28 volumes) is the longest series I've so read far, although the volume count on has been boosted by Viz cranking the releases up a gear at the end of last year.
After that:

GetBackers 23 volumes,
Bleach 22 volumes, and
Case Closed 22 volumes.

The longest would be InuYasha, I've read up to volume 30 but I think 32 was just released. Other then that, Naruto and Bleach (I'm beginning to think they're never going to end!)

Erm.. reading wise, i've read all chapters to date of naruto and bleach, still planning on catching up with one piece soon enough. But i own 17 volumes of negima, 12 of one piece and 11 of berserk so far, but thats it. I really need to get more of OP and Berserk, heck i'm still far behind on berserks storyline.

If in longest you meanactually own the manga, it'd be Dragon Ball series (Dragonball 1-16/Dragon Ball Z 17-42) the other ones I read are only around the 20's. I think I might start buying into One Piece, seems like a good idea to me. =].

Hexo said:
I think I might start buying into One Piece, seems like a good idea to me. =].

One piece is great! I've got some odd numbers, should get the rest. But then, there are so many great series out there! =D

chaos said:
Hexo said:
I think I might start buying into One Piece, seems like a good idea to me. =].

One piece is great! I've got some odd numbers, should get the rest. But then, there are so many great series out there! =D

Yeah I know, its hard to make a decision of a new series to collect because my current collection is becoming to fill my desk and they are on-running, well the Dragonball series has ended, accept for the english version of NecoMajin(something like that, correct me please, someone :p )and Hunter X Hunter, which will catch upto the Japanese soon through it stalling at 25 through the many hiatus's the writers taking. The size of One piece scares me due to it being aroudn 40 volumes in Japan now, with no sign of finishing....it might go on forever.... :eek:

The longest I've read is Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLES, which would be ..186/187 chapters? It's not my longest running collection I own though (I am collecting it though). (23/24 volumes I think ...?)
The longest running series I own is ..a tie between Bleach and Fruits Basket, but it will be Fruits Basket soon as I'm completely bored with Bleach and not buying anymore.

Gemma1412 said:
Wow, i think i own you guys on this one. Detective Conan/Case Closed - 61 and ongoing. =P

I can't even comprehend how you were able to read ( ? ) all that, I'd give up after a while unless I was really, REALLY hooked, and even then, I'd probably never finish it.
Bloody insanely long series :eek:

Sami said:
Gemma1412 said:
Wow, i think i own you guys on this one. Detective Conan/Case Closed - 61 and ongoing. =P

I can't even comprehend how you were able to read ( ? ) all that, I'd give up after a while unless I was really, REALLY hooked, and even then, I'd probably never finish it.
Bloody insanely long series :eek:

Eheh~ DC is awesome. I get the chapters every week, <3 for scanlations. =P I've watched the anime series as well ^__^ Yeah... this is the only one i'm as obssessed about.... my other ones don't go past like 26

Back