London Waterloo
Boots, by the male toilets.
MAP
waterloomap.gif

1PM

HOTEL
http://www.activereservations.com/hotel ... 27316.html
It is walking distance from Waterloo.
Cost each will be £180 evenly between us, so £25 - £30 each, to be paid before we leave Waterloo.
Evening meal, I would suggest having at the hotel, since they serve Chinese. :)

WHAT WE DO
Majority wins. I suggest NAMCO Arcade, London Eye, Camden Market, & generic shopping.

THEN, AT THE HOTEL
We are split across three rooms. Two 2beds & one 3bed. Me & Aimz are in one 2bed, & the one 3bed is where we will mainly hang out after stuff until we go to bed, so the early-nighters would be better suited to the other 2bed. Valha, are you bringing anything like DVD player, etc? You mentioned the possibility once on MSN, but I've not asked you again yet. Fingers crossed we can get it working with the hotel TVs if so.

FINALLY, REMEMBER TO BRING THE FOLLOWING
Hotel money
Mobile Phone
Clean pants
Money for drinks & arcade
Something to occupy you when you are travelling here.
A backpack to put it all in.

Keep your money & phones & stuff in your inside pockets or backpack so it doesn't get stolen.

We will not leave Waterloo until everyone is accounted for.

Aimz
Daedalus668
Melainy
Mutsumi
Neon-Noir
Original Angel
Shades
Valha
Where's cow?

Coming but not on the list? PM ME NOW! :O

Righty ho, cheers for the info! Um, just a heads up, I've only got £60 to my name until my life-saving loan comes through, do you reckon that'll be enough...? If not, eating's overrated anyway... It's about £20 for a train ticket (from Southampton), and you say £30 for the room... Cutting it a bit fine, but hey.

Just to warn you because I have a tendency to moan! Lol

me and shades are they and i will bring a dvd player but what dvds doyou want me to bring?

guess anything thats out in the uk as i mostly have everything (mostly not all).

Just confirming that the likelyhood of me coming is very likely, so long as the person I'm planning to go with doesn't bail out on me at the last minute. I'll ring/text you if that's the case but if you don't hear anything I'll be there :D

Just out of curiosity what date is the meet up? Recently moved to London so may not have been paying attention to eariler posts. Would like to meet up, but depends if i'm working or not ( as l work some weekends as well).

I could bring my X-Box, assuming the hotel has TVs with SCART ports, but I only possess two controllers...

Edit: I really, really hope my being a vegetarian isn't a problem...

Also, I'll be the sinister bastard with the black coat, ponytail and kick-**** hat ;)

I just wondered about travel within London. Depending on what everyone wants to do I assume it's most likely that we'll be traveling a bit wthin central London - should everyone be advised to buy travelcards then?

I'm saying this because a couple of people mentioned that they're coming from quite far out of London, and I wouldn't have thought that initial fare would cover their travel within the city centre... Just a thought, which you may already have sorted - just thought I'd raise it.

And I'm still coming. Looking forward to it.

Neon-Noir said:
I just wondered about travel within London. Depending on what everyone wants to do I assume it's most likely that we'll be traveling a bit wthin central London - should everyone be advised to buy travelcards then?
Strongly advise rail cards not only does it cover almost all transport in london, but if you can get discounted entrance to several site in london (2 for 1 at london eye, studentish rates @ aquarium, etc). Another thing to note is if you have a youg persons rail card you can get money off (bout 10/20%) a mutli zone (zones1-6) day travel pass.
Other than that would love to come, so if yopu see a scruffy red head with glasses it me.

Neon-Noir said:
^ Indeed. The main reason I raised the issue was because some people said they were on a tight budget...

Yep, that would be me! Lol. But panic over now, cos I found £50 that I had been saving for a rainy day. Woo hoo! Still, I'm not sure how long £100'll last me in London, what with the train and staying over (but I'm not moaning, cos I'm in a better mood!)

As for DVD's, can't go wrong with comedy! My vote's with any season of Family Guy!

UPDATE. Original Angel is no longer alble to make it, & thus the room cost will be £30 each. Original Angel was forced to drop out against their will for personal reasons, but will be here in spirit. :) We all wish you the best outcome in whatever issue is keeping you from joining this weekend.

Hopeful_Monster, check your PM box & send me a reply sometime before the meet. I'll be checking last on friday evening. :)

Valha, is your DVD player multi-region? I have many R1 DVDs. I also have unsubbed ADVENT CHILDREN. Others I have R2 are Battle Royale, Family Guy, South Park, Happy Tree Friends, Cowboy Bebop The Movie, & others. I don't have much R2 anime, but ask me if I have something & I'll check. I've very little recent anime releases, pretty much all are pre-2002.

Daedalus668! Of course you being a vegetarian isn't a problem! Pretty much all food-serving establishments cater for vegetarians, & chances are we'll end up eaching chinese they serve at the hotel. The only meat I eat is sausage & scampi, & never from restaurants, so I'll be sharing your smaller choice of eating places.
Also, the Xbox. Feel free to bring it. We'll never know if it will work with their TVs until we try. I'll try & fit a controller or two into my bag & a few games (Serious Sam, Dead or Alive Ultimate).

Neon-Noir, thanks for the heads-up on travel cards. I left my train-booking until new year's eve & nowhere would sell me any, so I'm getting a coach instead. Cheaper, but I'm now arriving in Hammersmith instead of Waterloo. Also arriving at about 10:30am, & popping to Camden to shop for a new jacket before the meet.

Where's my cow? I think you'll have enough moolah to cover the weekend. Food should be cheap, since I'd assume we'd all rather buy an extra DVD or something than eat expensive eatses.

NEKO!!!!! Thought you'd like the map. ;D

hi

yes its a muti multi-region and i have petter much all the dvds out in the uk at the moment so if anyone wants to see something say so here and i will bring it

mutsumi dose this mean we have a spare bed free as i know one of my friends wants to come so he could use it. but if anyone else here wants it frist they are welcome to have it as its for ppl from this forums.

ok so what dvds do ppl think i should bring with me .....

let me know or i will just bring anything :p i would perfer to bring things ppl want tho.

Found some details on the discounts for tube users here. Another random thought for someting to do is there was a anime/ manga exibit round about the london eye ( same building as cafe manga and where you buy ticketsfor the london eye) last time i was there (early december).

Back