London Expo here we go

The people at Blue Peter really are tyrants, i bet you'll be emotionally scared for life after that, or at least thats what you should claim when you sue them....but really i'd actually probably resent Blue Peter for that, it's the kind of little story i'd tell my grandkids, the story of 'Blue Peter the rip-off artists'

Blue Peter is mean

*sad violin music* When Blue Peter had a competition to win tickets to go to the Harry Potter premiere, we had to say why we wanted to go. And the one who won was "coz my mum talked all the way through the last one". *gets butter knife* stupid b*****ized excuse. kill 'em all... :evil:

Anyway, has anyone planned who they're gonna be next Expo, or r u gonna make it a surprise?

ive been think about cosplaying next time but need to give it more though but im abit shy so need to get over that frist.

valha said:
ive been think about cosplaying next time but need to give it more though but im abit shy so need to get over that frist.
You want to choose someone you like and a simple costume you'll feel comfy wearing (nothing worse than feeling self conscious and not enjoying yourself!).

You want to choose someone you like and a simple costume you'll feel comfy wearing (nothing worse than feeling self conscious and not enjoying yourself!).

or looking stupid if you back and look at the cosplayer i found of a gundam lol

JAKEMAN said:

or looking stupid if you back and look at the cosplayer i found of a gundam lol
Or totally cool like this Guyver cosplay :shock:

valha said:
Exactly, i really want to cosplay but i have to get over my mega shyness and not having a cosplaying friend along with me to back me up.

I'm not sure who i want to go as though, i was thinking possibly Ayame from Fruits Basket, although i'm still not sure how i'd go about making that costume

Charter_Mage said:
I'm not sure who i want to go as though, i was thinking possibly Ayame from Fruits Basket, although i'm still not sure how i'd go about making that costume
If you want help, look no further :D I'd be happy to try and help.

my way of thinking about cosplay is that, you are probably not gonna see these people ever again and going cosplay you make the event even more specail by making loads of people happy. ture some of these people if you a girl cosplaying are pervs but that is only some of the time

i would to quote from kasuke from comic party when he first met a cosplayer in episode 4
"your cosplay is just another form of love, like my drawings of my manga, it is all a form of love, a love for the characters, a love for the anime and the love for manga"

yes it was very cheesey saying but i thought i would say it anyway

JAKEMAN said:
"your cosplay is just another form of love, like my drawings of my manga, it is all a form of love, a love for the characters, a love for the anime and the love for manga"

yes it was very cheesey saying but i thought i would say it anyway
Never heard that quote before, but i actually really like it, makes me feel like drawings really poetic or something.

@Miaka-chan, Thanks. I think i can make a hash at the sewing if i actually had a pattern to work with, so far i've been looking at patterns in a sewing shop in my town to see if i can perhapes merge any of them together. Do you use patterns to make the costumes you've made and if so how do you go about making them the correct shape for you

if you liked that one how about this one said by yuu to misuki when misuki tried to kasuke that he should not draw manga it goes

"those books may seem stupid to you, but there are plenty of people who want to buy them, who arent closed minded and have narrow views, just because you dont understand it doesnt mean you have to push your values on other people"

Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU fromt he London MCM EXpo to everyone who attended, it was the first time that we added Anime into the event so we are still on a learning curve.

We hope that the next event on the 29th & 30th October will be even better for Anime fans and also the Cosplay fans.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Please remember we have a forum over on the website at www.londonexpo.com please come over and use it, we appreciate your feedback, as we know the event is there for you.

Thanks

London MCM Expo

JAKEMAN said:
"those books may seem stupid to you, but there are plenty of people who want to buy them, who arent closed minded and have narrow views, just because you dont understand it doesnt mean you have to push your values on other people"
That is another good one, one for all the none fans

Charter_Mage said:
@Miaka-chan, Thanks. I think i can make a hash at the sewing if i actually had a pattern to work with, so far i've been looking at patterns in a sewing shop in my town to see if i can perhapes merge any of them together. Do you use patterns to make the costumes you've made and if so how do you go about making them the correct shape for you
You need to find something that can be customised, but make sure it's in your size to start with and then you have to tweak it! When I made the Card Captor Sakura movie dress for my friend, I just used the bodice section of the pattern and invented the sleeves and skirt section myself! Takes a bit of practice, but there's loads of time til end of October :D

My mum said she would buy me a costume for my birthday from the cosmate website, but i think i will feel like i'm cheating if i do that, plus i don't wan't my whole birthday present taken up by a solitary item of clothing

Charter_Mage said:
My mum said she would buy me a costume for my birthday from the cosmate website, but i think i will feel like i'm cheating if i do that, plus i don't wan't my whole birthday present taken up by a solitary item of clothing
They can be very expensive from there too, plus what you have to think about, is how often would you wear it? You wouldn't want to wear one costume to different places!
You do get a buzz from having made something yourself :D

I think i would feel pretty proud to be wearing something i had made myself, as long as it doesn't come apart at the seems when i'm wearing it

Back