London Expo announcements

chaos

The Boss
NOTE: Images are representation of series in question and may not look like the final product

MANGA

They are constantly trying to acquire the licenses to One Piece and Dragonball Z. They have put in an offer to license TV series Kanon and Bamboo Blade is potential license in future, but are Reluctant to license Sgt. Frog. Manga want to create UK based Anime streaming site which will also involve iTunes.  Dangerous Cartoons Act could limit some licenses as cutting scenes is very expensive process to carry out.

Licenses:

Eden of the East TV series :

Out on both DVD & Blu-Ray by October.

Bacanno:

Out before the end of the year.

Ghost in the Shell S.A.C Solid State Society:

will be released on Blu-Ray before Christmas time.

Vampire Knight:

Should be cheap release available for under £10 on One Disc and will be out in October

Vampire Knight Guilty

Professor Layton and the eternal diva:

Will be out in October.

BEEZ

BEEZ has another subtitled release lined up for the future. Also BEEZ mention that selling 5,000 units is very good sake figure for a UK Anime release.

Licenses:

Durarara!!:

To be Japanese with English Subtitles (So no English voice track) and will be released by the end of the year

Gundam 00 - season 2

Gundam Zeta: The movie trilogy

Outlaw Star:

To be released straight into Anime Legends Brand

MVM

Will now to start to release titles in 2-disc sets. Virtually all their Anime profits go back to the Japanese producers and rights holders.

License:

Moribito:

To be release in September

Slayers revolutions

Slayers Evolution-R

Blade of the immortal

Wow, so we pretty much guessed Beez had Durarara!! and Manga had Baccano! What great detectives we are at Anime UK News :D Great news about MVM finally dropping singles, and moving with the rest of the industry. Outlaw Star announcement? And it's coming to Anime Legends straight away? Amazing. Can't wait for Eden of the East on Blu-ray too.

I'm guessing Zeta is the movies?

So Durarara will be subtitled only? In that case I'll be waiting to see if Funimation pick it up.

If Beez can get better quality masters for Outlaw Star than Bandai used for the R1 release, I'll double-dip.

Some good stuff there and some I'm not familiar with. Good news with Eden getting BD.

Any word on how Baccano and Durarara!! are being released by Manga and Beez? Singles, half seasons or, probably unlikely, full box set?

I doubt they'd be singles. My guess would be a complete collection for Bacanno and two half-season sets for Durarara. I'm sure we'll have official word soon.

Was also the mention of Manga going after Kanon, and repetedly failing on getting One piece and DBZ (at least they are trying).
And everyone buy DRRR that selling well would mean us getting more titles first (be it sub only*) compared to the US. Anything else come up?

*offering of exchange program should it be dubbed was mentioned

Reaper gI said:
Was also the mention of Manga going after Kanon, and repetedly failing on getting One piece and DBZ (at least they are trying).
Unless I've heard it wrong, that was more like Jerome going after it than actually Manga per se.

Erm, in regards to Durarara!, Andrew had said that they where taking a risk with the licensing of it, but i can't remember fully what the risk was. But regardless, if this license does do well, then they would consider doing the same again, but i would probably guess DRRR is somewhat of a test, but there we go.

Erm, as for what Jerome had said, he had joked when saying about the one piece/DBZ licenses that it has almost become a hobby of his to throw offers down to try and get it.

@Baccano and DRRR releases: Erm, i think he mentioned how Baccano was to get released, but i don't remember them saying it was a single collection. I'll need to try and remember. DRRR, bar being estimated for the end of the year, didn't have it come up. My guess though? Gundam 00 style release, so 3 parts.

Actually wait a sec. Jerome mentioned something about a release having to be in singles, and that because of that, each DVD would only be about a tenner each. Hopefully someone can jump in with which title it was, but i'm pretty positive there is a release set to be like that.

Arbalest said:
Erm, in regards to Durarara!, Andrew had said that they where taking a risk with the licensing of it, but i can't remember fully what the risk was. But regardless, if this license does do well, then they would consider doing the same again, but i would probably guess DRRR is somewhat of a test, but there we go.

Erm, as for what Jerome had said, he had joked when saying about the one piece/DBZ licenses that it has almost become a hobby of his to throw offers down to try and get it.

@Baccano and DRRR releases: Erm, i think he mentioned how Baccano was to get released, but i don't remember them saying it was a single collection. I'll need to try and remember. DRRR, bar being estimated for the end of the year, didn't have it come up. My guess though? Gundam 00 style release, so 3 parts.

Actually wait a sec. Jerome mentioned something about a release having to be in singles, and that because of that, each DVD would only be about a tenner each. Hopefully someone can jump in with which title it was, but i'm pretty positive there is a release set to be like that.

Let's hope they're cheaper than Gundam 00

And I do believe they are releasing Vampire Knight as singles

Interesting that its only a sub release of durarara, if it works i reckon it may be a sign of things to come, not that it will be a bad thing.

Been watching it on crunchyroll and will probbly pick it up on dvd, hopfully it will be full or half series dvd's.

Back