Log Horizon 2 announced for autumn.

kuuderes_shadow

Thousand Master
It was announced at the end of the broadcast of the final episode of Log Horizon that there would be a second season of the series airing this autumn.

1395478490390s.jpg

Source: yaraon

If they can top Database, I'll watch the second season of Battle Vixens.

Joshawott said:
Still not sure why everyone thought Log Horizon was so amazing....

Personally, as someone who's grown up around online RPG's it was very well researched, near perfect in that aspect. I would say the creator has experience playing as it was very solidly written, very on the ball to what actually happens/rules, etc so I found it a pleasure to watch. It engrossed me, sorta like how Spice & Wolf did actually.. found it charming.

Dannielle said:

Joshawott said:

Personally, as someone who's grown up around online RPG's it was very well researched, near perfect in that aspect. I would say the creator has experience playing as it was very solidly written, very on the ball to what actually happens/rules, etc so I found it a pleasure to watch. It engrossed me, sorta like how Spice & Wolf did actually.. found it charming.
I feel that the series had to sacrifice a lot of characterisation and emotion to do that though. I found myself unable to get attached to any of the characters and I also felt that all of the "threats" that the characters came across in season one were dealt with far too easily, such as all the build up for the Goblin King event and then...nothing.

Joshawott said:
Dannielle said:

Joshawott said:

I feel that the series had to sacrifice a lot of characterisation and emotion to do that though. I found myself unable to get attached to any of the characters and I also felt that all of the "threats" that the characters came across in season one were dealt with far too easily, such as all the build up for the Goblin King event and then...nothing.

Hmmm..I can see where you're coming from there actually. Some of it maybe down to the show airing on (what I think is) Kids TV or something? But yeah, from what I've read online, lots of details from the LN's were left out here and there. Think they maybe worth a read.

I do agree with not being able to get attached to characters, I did like Crusty, Shiroe & Nyanta but couldn't go past liking to loving. It maybe down to their being a big roster of characters, so many introductions to go through, etc etc. Hopefully the second season can cover some character ground, which they should be able to as I think there's only two more LN out to cover, so there needs to be some fillers in there.

Dannielle said:
Hmmm..I can see where you're coming from there actually. Some of it maybe down to the show airing on (what I think is) Kids TV or something?

It's not kids TV. It is (or was) Saturday evening prime time entertainment on a publicly-funded TV channel, though. Which in turn did mean that certain things from the original novels had to be left out.

kuuderes_shadow - Ah, right .. I was sorta right, sorta wrong then lol

Joshawott said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
Which in turn did mean that certain things from the original novels had to be left out.
Go on....

I discovered it via reddit/r/anime discussions, there were several users every now and then who would write what happened in the LN in regards to the show .. annndd there is this too: https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... og_Horizon & this http://www.reddit.com/r/LogHorizon/

Back