Live action manga adaptations hit the UK

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Animetion have let us know that Cromartie High School and My House are amongst the latest manga to live action movie adaptations to be hitting the UK thanks to a swift cinema tour of the country organised by Comic Proportions (as a part of their "Japanese Films Adapted from Manga" season). These movies will be at selected cinemas through out February, so if you're interested, be sure to take a look at the official website (which contains a full cinema schedule, too!).

On a similar note, the live action Initial D movie was realeased on DVD in the US last week. I'm waiting for my copy to arrive, & will give a verdict then.

I went and saw the Cromartie High School live action film yesterday. It was pretty funny and matched the manga quite well. I fyou like tha manga, then you'd probably like this as well. The director of the film was there to introduce it himself (with the help of an interpretor)!

There was a seminar afterwards regarding the question of manga to film adaptations which was fairly interesting. But what annoyed me was the question and answer session at the end where people were asking questions that they needn't have if they'd actually been listening to the last hour's discussion. I left early to stop my rage and cutting these guys off! :twisted:

Good film though, hopefully it'll be released on DVD over here sometime! :D

*sigh* It looks like I won't be able to see this. It's showing in Sheffield but that's a car drive or a train ride away. This wouldn't be a problem except it's on Sunday and at 9:00PM. Therefore no secure places to park the car and trains that stop at around 11.

It's a real pain...

Back