Live action Death Note movie heading to the UK

Felt a bit unfair to me that the Guardian put it in their list of nationwide releases for this Friday; usually if it's a one-off series of screenings they put it in a seperate section, so I got my hopes up for no reason.

Some smaller chains have got it on their websites as coming soon with a disclaimer about possibly not showing it. Would be interesting if more than one place was going to show it.

Must agree that the first one wasn't that good. I got it fansubbed and never finished watching it.

I'm going next week to ICA to see it... anyone going?

Edit:
"You have won two free tickets to the Death Note Movie Screening this Friday and a Death Note Goody Bag from Orbital Manga. "

Well, all of a sudden I have a spare ticket, anyone wanna join me?

=D

I really wish this was being shown near me, I got to see it a while ago on dvd and its such a brilliant movie, has to be one of my faves and I haven't even seen the series yet.

I would really like to see these movies, but one thing really annoys me - why didn't they give Misa her blonde hair?

I'm glad that it's only having a very limited release because for peoples first tastes of Death Note it's probably better that few people as possible see these movies.

Sy said:
I'm glad that it's only having a very limited release because for peoples first tastes of Death Note it's probably better that few people as possible see these movies.

I don't get why?
BTW, were you in ICA today?

Well, anyway, I ended up trashing a good ticket, as no one wanted to come along... =(

it does feel sad and lonely when you offer a good movie ticket for free and no one cares about it... +_+

People are generally quite wary of a stranger offering them a free ticket to anything, especially over the internet.

Espy said:
People are generally quite wary of a stranger offering them a free ticket to anything, especially over the internet.

Only because I would own their souls after that? ;D

I understand what you mean, it's jsut that I don't really personally know anyone who likes anime and manga here. Of course the casper the friednly ghost approach does not work, but I can keep on trying. Hope to meet soem people at london expo =D

chaos said:
Sy said:

I don't get why?

Well, anyway, I ended up trashing a good ticket, as no one wanted to come along... =(

it does feel sad and lonely when you offer a good movie ticket for free and no one cares about it... +_+

What's wrong with going to the movies by yourself? x.x

goddessofwings said:
Espy said:
Just got Death Note #1 on DVD. There's an insert that says the movie will be out on DVD in July.

It also says that its going to be out on Blu ray

I am happy. I would have prefered the anime to go on Blu-Ray but I guess not, I always get Blu-Ray when available now.

yamiiguy said:
chaos said:
Sy said:

I don't get why?

What's wrong with going to the movies by yourself? x.x

Nothing wrong, but company is fun... I keep coming to me that episode in friends where Rachel has dinner by herself.... =)

I still have to see the last name... I've seen it screening some places, but when I made the time to check it out, it was out already =(

Back