Live Action Blood, The Last Vampire, Heading for UK

Chris Nahon (Jet Li's Kiss of the Dragon) is directing the production, based on a screenplay credited to the Production I.G anime's Kenji Kamiyama and Hong Kong's Ronny Yu. South Korea's Jeon Ji-hyun (under the credited name of Gianna Jun) plays the main character Saya, while Japanese actress Koyuki plays her opponent Onigen.

Sounds reasonable to me. I'll check it out if its shown near me.

The anime OVA looked brilliant and had an intriguing concept - sadly it never really got the time to explore it properly and ended up being a shallow technical showcase.

A film's running time will hopefully allow for greater development and detail, so I'm cautiously optomistic for once.

chaos said:
Live action Blood? sounds interesting, but not sure what to expect from it.
Vampire girls. With swords. The sad thing is, I'll watch it on that fact alone even if the film overall is rubbish! :p Joking aside though, the original OAV felt like the middle portion of a longer feature so I'd like to see it have more of a storyline in addition to merely looking cool.

Martin said:
chaos said:
Vampire girls. With swords. The sad thing is, I'll watch it on that fact alone even if the film overall is rubbish! :p Joking aside though, the original OAV felt like the middle portion of a longer feature so I'd like to see it have more of a storyline in addition to merely looking cool.

In that case, watch Blood+. Blood+ is the TV series version of the story, and it actually has depth and nice facial art.

Martin said:
chaos said:
Vampire girls. With swords. The sad thing is, I'll watch it on that fact alone even if the film overall is rubbish! :p
That was a rethoric question... ;) But I feel the same as you. I have a thing for vampires since watching Bram Stocker's Dracula a long, long time ago. That reminds me I still didn't finish Anne Rice's vampire books.

Aion said:
In that case, watch Blood+. Blood+ is the TV series version of the story, and it actually has depth and nice facial art.
Well, you never disappoint me with your positive recommendations, so I might give this series a try. As Martin mentioned, the original OVA has a vibe of 'unfinished' around it.

Back