List of Games digital only in EU but physical elsewhere

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
With the recent announcement that Lord of Magna is getting a physical release by XSEED in North America but digital download only for Europe & Australia, I am getting really tired of this nonsense. I know North America gets screwed over as well but I feel our region takes the toll much worse. So I decided I might as well list a bunch of games that have managed to get a release over here but in fact do have a physical version elsewhere. This applies to all consoles and portables in 7th/8th Gen.

The list will update each time something happens, if you feel as though I might have missed some then feel free to mention it below and I'll update it.

Nintendo DS - Digital in EU, Physical in US (or more)
- 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (Zero Escape: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors)

Nintendo 3DS - Digital in EU, Physical in US (or more)
- Code of Princess
- Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon
- Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven
- Rune Factory 4
- Shin Megami Tensei IV

PlayStation 3 - Digital in EU, Physical in US (or more)
- Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
- Drakengard 3
- Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi
- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F
- Ragnarok Odyssey ACE

PlayStation Vita - Digital in EU, Physical in US (or more)
- Ar nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star
- Code: Realize Guardian of Rebirth [Unconfirmed]
- Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars
- Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F
- htoL#NiQ (Hotaru no Nikki): The Firefly Diary
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
- Madden NFL 13
- Mind Zero
- MLB 12: The Show
- MLB 13: The Show
- MLB 14: The Show
- Muramasa Rebirth
- Ragnarok Odyssey
- Ragnarok Odyssey ACE
- Retro City Rampage DX
- Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
- Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted
- Valhalla Knights 3
- The Walking Dead: Season One
- The Walking Dead: Season Two
- The Wolf Among Us

PlayStation Vita - Digital in EU and US, Physical in Asia and Japan
- Dokuro
- Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodline
- Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chirari
- Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!
- Soul Sacrifice Delta
- Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

PlayStation Vita - Digital in EU and US, Physical in Japan
- Amnesia: Memories
- Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk
- Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland
- Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland
- Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland
- Hotline Miami
- Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
- Let's Fish! Hooked On
- Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
- Samurai Warriors 4
- Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit!
- Terraria
- Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

There's way more titles to be added though, so I'll update it later (including the original Nintendo DS titles).

Awesome list NormanicGrav :)

One title that I can think of atm, is digital here and the USA but has a physical copy in Asia, is Oreshika: Tainted Bloodline for the PS Vita.

Rena Ryuugu said:
Awesome list NormanicGrav :)

One title that I can think of atm, is digital here and the USA but has a physical copy in Asia, is Oreshika: Tainted Bloodline for the PS Vita.

Cheers, I think Oreshika is the last title that I needed for the Vita section so that's that part done.

UPDATE: So according to Play Asia, Project Mirai DX may actually have a retail release over here. Now the reason I say that is because it's advertising the European cover art, even though Amazon and other sites aren't mentioning it.

britguy said:
Sword art online and sk:bon appetite have a physical release in the us?

Nope they're digital only.

SAO: Hollow Fragment did get a physical release in Asia.

Bon Appetit! started off as a digital release in Japan so other territories followed suit. Then Japan released a physical version around the same time the territories were about to release the digital version.

UPDATE: Just realised why you pointed that out, I fixed it now. :lol:

Yeah I know that, just you've got them both in the "Digital in EU, Physical in US (or more)" category, which they shouldn't be then as they didn't have a US physical release.

Good thread idea though :thumb:

britguy said:
Yeah I know that, just you've got them both in the "Digital in EU, Physical in US (or more)" category, which they shouldn't be then as they didn't have a US physical release.

Good thread idea though :thumb:

My bad. The original plan was to list the games by console and then I decided to split them up via regions, I must have forgotten to move those two. It's fixed now.

I might add a list of digital games making a physical release in Japan, if anyone's curious about that.

What would be perfect is a thread which lists every game released in Japan but not in the West or R.O.W but that is a colossal undertaking :p

Digital with a physical Japan only list is a manageable one I'd wager,

britguy said:
What would be perfect is a thread which lists every game released in Japan but not in the West or R.O.W but that is a colossal undertaking :p

Digital with a physical Japan only list is a manageable one I'd wager,

Challenge accepted. As a bonus I'll probably add titles that are on the PS Store. :twisted:

Give me a couple of hours and I'll make it happen. :thumb:

britguy said:
Haha, I look forward to seeing your results!

Taking a bit longer than I expected though (plus I had a couple of hours break today heh), I originally spent my time on working on the retro downloads (a la Virtual Console) but I figured I should put them aside since most of them technically received a localised release anyway (they're backed up if anyone wants them added).

Turns out XBlaze Code:Embryo will be getting an EU release in retail and digital form on both PS3 and Vita for June 26th this year. That's one title which won't need to be on the list anymore.

Back