Limited edition GITS: SAC boxset on Play.com

I'm hoping the releases go well, but Ghost in the Shell does seem to have a bit of a curse about it when it comes to DVD releases...

Okay, I received my limited edition volume seven today and as expected the tin is identical to the U.S. version - right down to the R1 logo on the base and the FBI warning.

What does the R2 volumes have that the R1 volumes doesn't? Slip cases of course. So, yep, you guessed it, all seven volumes don't fit into the tin with there respective slip cases.

Oh well, the tin makes a nice holder for volume seven, the t-shirt and the Tachikoma I.D. card :? .

Valha has voiced the same complaint here: http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic ... &start=705 - only just noticed, sorry :oops: .

well incase your wondering about the t-shirt

here it is modeled by our wonderful ryo chan

lm1.jpg

and from the back

lm2.jpg

Yeah, I'm also kind of irritated about the whole slipcover thing. Ultimately though, I think I'll just get rid off the slipcovers and stick with the basic boxes in the tin. I never really liked the cover art for those anyway.

As for the shirt, well, it's probably too big for me. I'll probably just give that to someone I know. Honestly, I'm just happy to finally have a nice container for my series.

for my dvds i just took the slip covers odd and put them in the tin (thats what it is there for).

the slip covers are still on top of the tin tho i will still keep them for sure.

Well I was feeling guilty about spending the extra cash on the tin. That is, until it arrived today and I got to see it for myself. If pure 'awesome' was an object, it would be this sweet... sweet tin. :mrgreen:

The pictures on play.com don't do justice to how nice it looks, at least to me. Plus none of that stupid sticker stuff on the back or the front (like the Terminator 2 tin), it looks like most of the stuff iss embossed and applied directly to the tin itself.

I'll probably do what valha did and just keep the DVD's in the tin and keep the cases somewhere else.

Still need to figure out what to do with that shirt though. It looks a bit too big for me. I'm sure I could find an anime fan friend interested in it.

Well, now I just need to order the rest of the series (4-6). :lol:

EDIT:

Just saw this on play.com:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=842399&p=57&g=72&pa=sr

First volume of 2nd Gig on 24/01/2006. That's a LOT sooner than I thought

yea its ben up on play for like 3 weeks now

and manga said at mcm that they would have it out in jan .... i cant wait for more gits. ive only got vol 7 left to watch of the frist gig. :(

The R2 releases actually have slightly different artwork choices to the R1's (for GIG 1 at least) in some cases, certainly not used in the same order.

Back