Let's talk about Slayers

msgeek said:
So I managed to pick up the Slayers S4+S5 BR for £4.26... Is this a show I can jump into S4 with or should I really source S1-3 first?

Where'd you get it for £4.26 that must be one of the best anime bargains I've seen :lol:

Amazon UK marketplace seller (US based) was selling it for £3.00 (+1.26 p+p)...

Postage from the states has got to be more than the entire £4.26 so yes total bargain. Of course that assumes it turns up...

Just finished S1. Started S2. They've changed the OP theme... :( I was getting into the last one. Not sure if this new one will grow on me...

NEXT has the greatest opening song! I've loved it since I watched the show in the early 00's. Got me so pumped for each episode.

The music for Slayers is almost universally great, I for one am glad there are so many different songs. I don't own many soundtracks, but Slayers Megumix is one I'm very glad to have in my collection. Give a reason is my favourite TV OP for sure though.

What did you think of S1 msgeek? Would be interested to hear HdE's thoughts sometime too since you're both new to the series.

Quite enjoyable. General tone was something I could get into.

It's been so long since I've watched a series of anything on DVD... the ~2 hour runtime of each disk suits watching a disk a day very well (as opposed to the 9 eps you typically get a Blu-Ray).

Definitely liked the OP got quite into it every time it was on. I had (somewhere on this board) heard it compared to Red Dwarf... I personally didn't find S1 to be on that same level comedy wise but enjoyable non-the-less. I'm still kinda hoping the later series ramp up the comedy factor a bit... I'm imagining the quality of S4+5 is somewhat improved as they are on BD's although not sure at this stage if that will affect my opinion of them...

edit: also every time I hear "Lena" I think of "The wandering warrior". And there seems to be a lot of "Screen shake" (Correct terminology?)

I've got Slayers Megumix as well, certainly a lot of good music there. I like that it has Otome no Inori on it (not sure that counts as a spoiler but the episode it's in is quite good).

I'm quite fond of "Give a reason" too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back