Lets go back a bit

fatandy

Brigade Leader
theres the hole argument of "which is going to be better? PS3 or XBOX 360?" (altho PS3 is better :lol: ) but lets go back to the times of N64 and PSone! Wich one did you like the most?

I loved my N64, I played it so much but sold it to buy PS2 games :lol:. I never really played PSone games till I got my PS2 and now I have loads of them. My fav N64 game has to be either Goldeneye (great game and I'm a huge Bond fan) or Body Harvest.

I liked the Dreamcast best! It was innovative, had the greatest arcade/fighting games and was years ahead. It's still plugged in! I also like the PS1 as I have many rpgs to yet start and complete.

Worst: Any Nintendo console! N64 ala Gamecube..both down the drain. Revolution will be the same with it's remote control! lol. :D
________
Ym3526

OMG i loved both of those games altho Body Harvist was hard! i was well young at the time tho. I nearly unlock everything on Goldeneye! so close but i donated my N64 to the peadiatrcs ward in the hospital :)

neptune2venus said:
I liked the Dreamcast best! It was innovative, had the greatest arcade/fighting games and was years ahead. It's still plugged in! I also like the PS1 as I have many rpgs to yet start and complete.

Worst: Any Nintendo console! N64 ala Gamecube..both down the drain. Revolution will be the same with it's remote control! lol. :D

Although I don't quite agree with the Nintendo bit, I have to say the Dreamcast was the badger's nadgers. I'm still kicking myself for selling mine to make room for the PS2. Soul Calibur was and still is one of my all time favourites, the second instalment was great but it simply didn't recapture the magic of the first. Shenmue 1+2 were just mind blowing from start to finish, and Powerstone II was the quintessential multiplayer party game. IMHO none of the current crop of next gen machines even come close. ;)

Usually I'm a slave to Sony cos the PS1 was my first proper console, and I love my PS2 and dismiss all others with perhaps too much passion, but I must admit that I always had a soft spot for the N64. I never had one, but I remember times gone by playing multiplayer Mario Kart and GoldenEye (which paved the way for TimeSplitters: my fav multiplayer ever!!!)

neptune2venus said:

Super Nintendo/Famicom was a nice one... Maybe you're too young to remember it, but it joypad was the first looking ad the PS Joypad, and has a lot of beatiful and innovative games...

The fact to blame is tha Big N recycled all the games in her further consolles...

where's my cow? said:
Usually I'm a slave to Sony cos the PS1 was my first proper console, and I love my PS2 and dismiss all others with perhaps too much passion, but I must admit that I always had a soft spot for the N64. I never had one, but I remember times gone by playing multiplayer Mario Kart and GoldenEye (which paved the way for TimeSplitters: my fav multiplayer ever!!!)

WOOO time spliters! I'v only completed 2 and 3 , i'v never played 1 tho. would you recomend it to me to by a cheap one just to see what it is like?

Hmm..the nintendo 64 is better than the PS1, the games that where on it...mario 64, mario kart, conkers Bad Fur Day...they where just great. Nintendo's computer systems have always been quite good

fatandy said:
WOOO time spliters! I'v only completed 2 and 3 , i'v never played 1 tho. would you recomend it to me to by a cheap one just to see what it is like?

If you can pick it up for a few quid it's worth it just for playing a deathmatch in the tomb level with nothing but rocket launchers and explosives!!! Try and last more than a minute! Lol! It hasn't got much (or, well, any) of a storyline and the missions are awfully unimaginative (find time crystal, take it to a point in the level - often the start...) but it's still good!

Hardware:
8bit - Master System > NES The MS was the stronger console, but wtf with the pause button on the console itself rather than the controller? A narrow victory.
16bit - SNES > MegaDrive Mode7, SuperFX, etc.
32bit - PS1 > Saturn Saturn lost at 3D, but excels at 2D. 3D was the way forwards.
64bit - N64 > Atari Jaguar 'nuff said.
128bit - Xbox > Gamecube > PS2 > Dreamcast Xbox is a powerhouse, the DC weakest because it had such a head start.
Next-gen (256bit?) - PS3 > Revolution > Xbox360 360 is weakest for coming out first, but the others are speculative. PS3 is expected to be twice the power of the 360.

Software (games):
8bit - NES > Master System Super Mario Bros, Final Fantasy, Metroid, Zelda, etc.
16bit - SNES > MegaDrive As above.
32bit - PS1 > Saturn Soul Blade, Armored Core, FF7. etc.
64bit - N64 > Atari Jaguar Name a Jaguar game other than Cybermorph or Doom. Go on.
128bit - Gamecube > Dreamcast > PS2 > Xbox Again, Nintendo continue to make the best games. Dreamcast had a bundle of absolute classics though, earning its place in 2nd. PS2 has many excellent games, but many bad ones too; lower good game bad game ratio. Xbox has many multi-format games & PC ports. Little original.

Back