Let Me In.

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
It's happened. The trailer to the American adaptation of Let The Right One In is out and I don't really know how to feel about it yet and if all the trailers go in this direction I will be clueless until I see it all together. I've read a few interviews and they do seem like they know what they are doing but still...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qjavOLdPk1c&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qjavOLdPk1c&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I've seen the original, Let The Right One In, when I was in Cornwall. It was on at the time and it had just started so we watched it... we agreed it was a good film but when we saw the trailer a few days later for it, it was hard to believe it was the same film we watched. The trailer made it out to be some face-paced horror, while the film itself was mellow, yet enjoyable. Anyway, because of that, I'm not going to judge it by the trailer so I might give it a watch just to see if they can pull it off. I hate it when films are remade for another audience because apparently they're too lazy to read subtitles >_>"

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
I hate it when films are remade for another audience because apparently they're too lazy to read subtitles >_>"
I agree! That and they want to cash in on the vampire frenzy that Twilight started :roll:

I have lost all faith in remakes myself. Hollywood tend to go for action/gore/cheap scares (and what will bring in the most cash) over substance.

Only time will tell if they are going to prove me wrong..

This doesn't exactly look like a summer blockbuster so I think its safe to bet that there'll be some substance to it. Remakes don't actually bother me. I have more of an issue when there's some blatant idea-stealing going on and then that gets slapped with the "homage" label.

I agree that it doesn't look like a summer blockbuster.

As far as remakes go they are pointless if the original is good because then it's sort of redundant remaking the original title unless you genuinely believe audiences don't like subtitles.

A good example of a redundant remake was REC. which added an elevator the the proceedings. It was a solid film but there was an air of pointlessness and the ending was fudged because of cultural differences.

Back