Lesser known manga that should be more popular...

Hello everyone

I thought I would start this thread as I was recently puzzled by the fact that some really good manga series always seem to hide under the radar.

One fine example is Ghost Hunt. This series follows a high school girl Mai, as she gets roped in to solving spooky paranormal cases by an aloof boy, Naru, who runs Shibuya Psychic Research. Typical cases include a doll that moves by itself and a school where students who sit at one particular desk always end up in serious accidents.

I'm encouraging others to add their suggestions too. Perhaps you've recently come across a manga that most people don't know about. Let us know.

Over to you,

M.G xx

I would say Immortal Rain it gets called a rip off of Trigun. But it has a good story nice artwork and the only thing I dont like about it is that it takes so long to be released. :evil:

Anything that really isn't Shounen Jump, except Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Homunculus, Vagabond, Berserk etc. The good stuff. ;_;

One of my fave manga series is Van Von Hunter I love the comedy and its well worth collection if you want a cheesy manga comedy adventure

McIcy said:
One of my fave manga series is Van Von Hunter I love the comedy and its well worth collection if you want a cheesy manga comedy adventure
I've got Vol. 1 of that. I must say, it's got comedy for most ages, and it makes me laugh at times too.
I haven't been collecting it because I've had other things to buy, but it's worth a look at.

Chaz said:
McIcy said:
I've got Vol. 1 of that. I must say, it's got comedy for most ages, and it makes me laugh at times too.
I haven't been collecting it because I've had other things to buy, but it's worth a look at.

Vol. 2 and 3 are out now and well worth getting as 3 has the best comedy story line

MouryouKiden; Legend of the Nymp is a great manga by the ex-CLAMP member Tamayo Akiyama. The artwork is beautiful and very detailed. Also the story is very original too. I just don't understand why not many people have even heard of this great manga.

Went manga shopping for my birthday yesterday and came across an interesting title in a manga shop-

Land of The Blindfolded

Its about a girl who can see into a persons future if she touches them. There's also another character, a boy who can see into a persons past by doing the same. It's essentially about how difficult it can be to try to help someone when you know something bad is going to happen, but the effects are not what you hoped. And about the pain of knowing whats happened before and not being able to change things. It's Sixth Sense meets Back To The Future (if you can get your head round that!)

I thought this was a fluffy shojo manga, but I was pleasantly surprised, it's very well written.

M.G xx

Reborn!

It only started to be distributed in the US/UK at the Tail end of Last year, its about a Mafias Numero Uno Hitman, who has been sent to japan to train the next Boss of the family.

Things to Note -
1: The Hitman is a baby [Nice little Twist]
2: Reborn is how you say trigger happy, even shooting the the next mafia boss, continually
3: Whoever he shoots in the head, if they have one regret as they Die they are well Reborn

This has been released in Japan with 15 volumes & has subsequently got an anime series following the story. I'm Hoping Someone Picks the anime series cause the manga series is great

I would love to recommend Confidential Confession for a good serous collection of stories, Erica Sakurazawa: Angel for something different, or Vampire Game just because its great. :D

Back