Legend of Drunken Master (II)

Kurogane

Chuunibyou
Just watched that a few hours ago, and thought I'd make a post about it ;)

I thought this was like the finest display of Jackie Chan's martial arts expertise, much better than that horse crock 'The Tuxedo' which I only watched because it had Jackie Chan in it >_>

Also, it was really funny; what with the drunken boxing and alcoholic humor :lol:

Too bad I watched the dubbed version, as I don't like dubs due to the fact that they kinda crap on the movie, this being no exception :(

McIcy said:
Quality movie saw it a while a go at a house party and it really lets him show off his skills

I loved the part where he's fighting the guy who heavily uses his feet, and does all those lightning speed kicks and stuff, that scene was the shiz. :lol:

I've been meaning to watch this for years, as I'm always hearing how its a real throwback to the heyday of kung fu flicks. Been hoping that HKL would get the rights and bring some extra-tastic version out (was pleasantly surprised when Hapkido cropped up among their new releases, although disappointing it doesn't have commentary), but then I've been hoping that for lots of films. Will see how the Sha Po Lang VCD looks, then I might be a bit more willing to try out random Hong Kong online shops. :wink:

Hyaku said:
I knew it was a good movie when i started watching it, but even so the dubs always throw me off watching things, I can't stand them :x

Normally, unless its from the early/mid 70s, in which case the dubs offer excellent comedy value. The usual "You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken" type stuff. :wink:

I like to have the option of both.

WTFDaveM said:
HKL won't pick it up because Miramax have the rights to it and we all know that they do to foreign films.

In that case, I can but hope they'll stop sitting on it and actually release something. Or look around for Asian versions.

WTFDaveM said:
HKL won't pick it up because Miramax have the rights to it and we all know that they do to foreign films.

In that case, I can but hope they'll stop sitting on it and actually release something. Or look around for Asian versions.[/quote]

Good luck with that, studios and distribution companies sit on stuff like that all the time in case they need a release in the future

Worked for Hapkido, but yeah, I'm thinking my patience might not be rewarded in this case. :cry:

Still, got the HKL release of Warrior King to look forward to, and all those Shaw Brothers Collection DVDs that have been popping up comparatively recently - I'm woefully lacking in Shaw Bros DVDs, so time to stock up. 8)

Back