Left 4 Dead

Im going to be getting it on PC. Although i think i will have to wait till i get my new PC first which will be in the coming weeks. Looks amazing, cant wait!

I don't have a choice of wether or not I have it on PC as I don't have any next Gen consoles T_T But the Graphics are better than on the 360 (if your PC can handle it). I'm addicted at the moment, COD has well been shelfed lol.

Voddas said:
I don't have a choice of wether or not I have it on PC as I don't have any next Gen consoles T_T But the Graphics are better than on the 360 (if your PC can handle it). I'm addicted at the moment, COD has well been shelfed lol.

Oh trust me my PC can take it. lol.

Lupus Inu said:
Not really, they're about the same, Source engine is years old now.
They do update it bit by bit, but it's certainly falling behind. I can't imagine the 360 is too taxed by it anyway. My current PC eats any Source Engine game for breakfast, and it's a fairly modest machine.

Take Your Pick
Edit: reading the most negative review on that page reminds me of something: if you have the choice, the PC version is better because Valve will almost certainly create extra chapters and content and Steam it direct your PC (the precedent for free PC-platform, after-sales content from Valve is enormous). You will have to pay for such content for the 360 version, it's Microsoft policy.

kupoartist said:
Take Your Pick
Edit: reading the most negative review on that page reminds me of something: if you have the choice, the PC version is better because Valve will almost certainly create extra chapters and content and Steam it direct your PC (the precedent for free PC-platform, after-sales content from Valve is enormous). You will have to pay for such content for the 360 version, it's Microsoft policy.

Thanks man :)

Looks like il be getting this.

Lupus Inu said:
The game is generally far better than the Resident Evil series has become and this is coming from a dedicated Resident Evil fan.

Resident Evil and Left 4 Dead are completely different games. How can you compare them so?

CitizenGeek said:
Lupus Inu said:
The game is generally far better than the Resident Evil series has become and this is coming from a dedicated Resident Evil fan.

Resident Evil and Left 4 Dead are completely different games. How can you compare them so?
Both are survival horror games and both contain zombies except one went from an actual atmospheric game to a bad third person shooter trying to be a bad American action movie. While Left 4 Dead is an FPS survival horror game, and it doesn't hold an atmosphere though the music is pretty good but at certain points on Normal difficulty+ it can be very intense experience of survival.

Lupus Inu said:
Both are survival horror games and both contain zombies except one went from an actual atmospheric game to a bad third person shooter trying to be a bad American action movie. While Left 4 Dead is an FPS survival horror game, and it doesn't hold an atmosphere though the music is pretty good but at certain points on Normal difficulty+ it can be very intense experience of survival.

The thematic similarities are, of course, obvious. But to say a series of 4 single player games (with the 4th being significantly different in gameplay) that centre around solving puzzles and have 3rd person perspectives is similar to a game that is an online, co-op FPS seems slightly strange to me :s

CitizenGeek said:
Lupus Inu said:

The thematic similarities are, of course, obvious. But to say a series of 4 singly player games (with the 4th being significantly different in gameplay) that centre around solving puzzles and have 3rd person perspectives is similar to a game that is an online, co-op FPS seems slightly strange to me :s

Resident Evil has a large story behind those cheesy one-liners, even in Resi 4. Of course its several games long(last check, along with 0-5, was what...about 12+ odd games? + one CG film which is canon) I couldn't compare the majority of Resi to Left 4 Dead at all, bar the obvious Zombie similarity and the survival factor. Thats it. Also keep in mind the hollywood attempt at Resi has no place in the storyline(thank god).
Is there actually much of a story to Left 4 Dead, or is it just a typical zombie film style story where zombies started to appear from nowhere and everyone started to turn into them?

Arbalest said:
Is there actually much of a story to Left 4 Dead, or is it just a typical zombie film style story where zombies started to appear from nowhere and everyone started to turn into them?
Nope, no story. Everyones infected with a some kinda (rage) virus and you need to get from A to B to survive. Simple yet effective.

Back