• Poll closed .

Yagami

Vampire Ninja
So, who's going?

And what do you think of the lineup? :p

Lineup released so far:

leedsLineup.gif

Can't wait!

Some of the said bands are really good (The Prodigy, The Gaslight Anthem, Placebo Ect.), but overall, I didn't think much of it and I wouldn't make the effort to go. It's overrun with too many bands I'm trying to avoid. Enter Shikari, Fallout Boy, Deftones, AFI *Boo* *Hiss*...

It's sold out, so no :(

Prodigy, radiohead, yeahyeahyeahs, placebo and florence and the machine are bands I think I'd like to see.

Deftones and Placebo would be the only ones, so no, Download so far as a better lineup and i dislike that lineup with a few exceptions here and there.

This line up seems like the reason I don't do festivals not enough stuff I like and always the 2 bands I have gone to see are playing different stages at the same time.

Adding underscores in the name of your band is for deep emphasis. If I HAD to go it'd probably be the second day if only for Bloc Party. Download's line-up is a little better, but still pretty bad.

Download's lineup looks pretty bad.

Dir En Grey would be alright.
Messugah could be alright, not a band I listen to though.
Opeth, same as Messugah.
Dragonforce- **** yeah. Except, i've seen them twice in Cardiff, which will be way better than this

The rest are basically shite. There may be one or two others there that would be alright but, the other names I recognise there, are shite.

Download is better fer sure, still not great though.

Both got the Prodigy (absolutely rocked it in Cardiff).
But Download~ Opeth, Dream Theatre, Dragonforce, Dir En Grey + Limp Bizkit for the lulz.

The Prodigy were spectacular live!
I was a bit wary beforehand becaise they are getting on a bit now, but they were as energetic as ever and the whole show was full-on. And the crowd went absolutey mental, especially when they played dubstep versions at the end of a few of the tracks.

Also an unexpected surprise; Dizzee Rascal was actually okay live! I don't know whether I'd be able to listen to any of his studio work much, but as a live show he really smashed my expectations too!

Maltos said:
I was a bit wary beforehand becaise they are getting on a bit now, but they were as energetic as ever and the whole show was full-on. And the crowd went absolutey mental, especially when they played dubstep versions at the end of a few of the tracks.

Also an unexpected surprise; Dizzee Rascal was actually okay live! I don't know whether I'd be able to listen to any of his studio work much, but as a live show he really smashed my expectations too!

Bah- They don't beat Metallica live ;)

Dracos said:
This line up seems like the reason I don't do festivals not enough stuff I like and always the 2 bands I have gone to see are playing different stages at the same time.
I went to T in the Park and didn't enjoy it. I don't think there's been a festival for a long time that's had a decent lineup.

Spyro201 said:
Maltos said:

I can almost guarentee they do. Because although Metallica rock live, they don't put on nearly as good a show.

Maltos said:
Spyro201 said:
Maltos said:

I can almost guarentee they do. Because although Metallica rock live, they don't put on nearly as good a show.

Yah- They do. Lasers and Pyro ftw.

Ahh, it's pointless arguing. All a matter of opinion really!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZ8iFwlYBrI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZ8iFwlYBrI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:wink: :lol:

Maltos said:
Ahh, it's pointless arguing. All a matter of opinion really!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZ8iFwlYBrI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZ8iFwlYBrI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:wink: :lol:

(I've just randomly picked this video...)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xyCfLS6Amnw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xyCfLS6Amnw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i ain't going (i've stopped going to english festivals, i think its better and cheaper to goto ones in spain/portugal and other european countries etc)

but,

Ian Brown
Kings Of Leon
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Prodigy

would be sweet to see.

I'm going to Leeds :]

Line-ups not bad, not great either but should be a good weekend anyway.

Looking forward to seeing Jack's Mannequin, La Roux and Rise Against. Bouncing Souls were good at Leeds a couple of years back and i'll probably end up going to see Bloc Party just because i know i'll regret it if i don't.

Back