Large DVD collection for sale

harkins

Adventurer
Ok, an update already. As it has been quickly pointed out to me that what I have is of greater interest and perhaps of a little more value than I had realised, I have put this sale on hold while I reconsider my approach. My sincere apologies if anyone had already read this in the last hour or so and was contemplating making the trip to South Manchester to purchase it all.

Perhaps it is actually in the interest of forum members buy what they would like and not end up with an enormous pile of DVD's, many of which they have already or simply don't want.

Hi. I was a member of this forum a few years back (sorry to hear of the recent troubles) and I’ve just re-registered in order to see if I can shift the remainder of my anime collection. This lot has been sat boxed up in an attic and then in one of those rather expensive storage facilities for the last few years.

It’s a collection that I put together in the mid 2000’s and it’s a real mix of region 1 and region 2 DVD’s. Most of it was bought from Amazon, Play.com (remember that?) and the region 1 stuff largely came from United Publications. I had already sold quite a few titles on this site a few years back.

Anyway, this is probably a long shot, but as there are so many titles here and I really don’t fancy spending all my free time individually packaging and posting out DVD’s I have decided to try and sell it as a job lot.

There are over 80 titles here, a mixture of box sets, slim box sets, collections and individual OVA’s and movies. Everything is complete as I threw out incomplete sets a while back to try and save some space. As previously stated, there is a mix of R1 and R2 and at a rough guess, it’s in the region of 50/50. There is a duplicate, Avenger and there are some sort of metal plates and a dog tag with the Black Lagoon tin.

Below are three photos that show the full collection. I hope it’s OK that I don’t actually list them all. Here’s a link to my ‘My Anime List’ as it does list most of it (although it includes stuff I’ve already parted with) and hopefully it adds some provenance to me as a seller given that my history on this site has now gone.

Now to the important bit. I am looking for £XXX for the lot (an absolute bargain I would say) with the predictable condition that it’s collection only as I suspect that sending it will cost as much again. I am in Stockport, Greater Manchester (some sort of meeting at a strategic point is negotiable if it helps).

Please feel free to ask any questions and I’ll do my best to answer them promptly.

One other thing, apart from quite a few Gundam titles amongst the DVD’s, I also have a collection of Gundam figures that I will also be trying to sell. If you have any interest in these I’ll be happy to discuss them.

Since even at rock bottom prices there's well over £500 worth of stuff there I'd say it's a bargain for anyone local enough to collect it.

What's amusing is I'd offer over £100 for a small number of the items. :lol:

I'd be interested in buying a few if you're willing to split, i'm interested in:

Planetes
KIno's Journey
Slayers (ADV sets)

No worries if you wouldn't want to sell in bundles this small though.

Ok, so after giving this some thought I have decided to take offers for individual titles. Of course this has now left me trying to figure out prices and postage and packaging figures. So bear with me as it may take some time for me to give a price depending on what the postage works out at. (And I have spent all evening doing this so I knew there was some wisdom in a bulk sale, anway.)

So I guess the best way to go is on a first come first served basis whereby you say what you’d like and then I give you a price including delivery. As I said, just give me a little time to get back to you on that.
I also note there have been a few posts while I’ve been sorting this and they are noted and I will get in touch, but not until tomorrow now as I need a rest and a beer.

As a rough guide, I guess that box sets will be around the £15 mark, collections and full series £10ish and individual discs a couple of quid.
Looking at the Royal Mail prices, I expect that postage will be about £2 minimum and up to somewhere around £8. If anyone asks for several titles I expect a My Hermes type service will prove cheaper. In fact, having just checked, it probably will be a little less than Royal Mail although I’ve never actually used it before though.

Right then, so here’s a list of what I have with region codes added:

Akira R1
Appleseed R1
Armitage III R2
Avenger R1
Avenger (tin case) R1
Azumanga Daioh R1
Black Cat R1
Black Lagoon R1
Blood: The Last Vampire R2
Boogiepop Phantom R2
Burn Up Excess R2
Burn Up! W R2
Chrno Crusade R2
Dai-Guard R1
Dead Leaves R2
Di Gi Charat R1
Dirty Pair Flash R1
Divergence Eve R1
Dragon Half R2
Elfen Lied R2
Excel Saga R2
Fantastic Children R2
FLCL R1
Full Metal Panic! R2
Gasaraki R2
Generator Gawl R2
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex R2
Gravion R2
Gunbuster R1
Gunslinger Girl R1
Gunsmith Cats (Bulletproof) R2
Hell Girl R1
Iria: Zeiram The Animation R1
Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World R2
Macross Plus R2
Madlax R2
Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden R2
Mazinkaiser R2
Mezzo DSA R2
Mobile Police Patlabor: The Movies 1&2 R2
Mobile Suit Gundam (the Movies I,II,III) R2
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket R1
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory R1
Mobile Suit Gundam F91 R2
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack R2
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team R1
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team - Miller's Report R1
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam R1
Nadesico: The Prince of Darkness R2
Najica Blitz Tactics R2
Neon Genesis Evangelion R2
New Cutey Honey R2
New Fist of the North Star R2
NieA Under 7 R1-4
Ninja Scroll R2
Noir R2
Now and Then, Here and There All
Otogizoushi R2
Outlaw Star R1
Paranoia Agent R2
Perfect Blue R2
Planetes R1
Project A-Ko R2
Queen Emeraldas R2
R.O.D the TV (plus R.O.D OVA) R2
RahXephon R2
Rune Soldier R2
Serial Experiments Lain R2
She, The Ultimate Weapon (inc Saikano: Another Love Song) R2
Slayers (1st Season) R1
Slayers Excellent R2
Slayers Gorgeous R2
Slayers Great R2
Slayers Next (2nd season) R1
Slayers Premium R2
Slayers Return R2
Slayers Special R1
Slayers: The Motion Picture R1
Tenchi Muyo - Ovas: The Complete Series R2
Texhnolyze R2
The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye R1
UFO Princess Valkyrie R1
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie 2: December Nocturne R1
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie OVA Special: Bridal Training R1
Urusei Yatsura OVA R2
Vampire Hunter D (2000) R2
Vandread: The Complete Colleection R1
You're Under Arrest (OAV) R2
Zaion: I Wish You Were Here R2

And new photos as requested;
Box sets (hard) closed:

Box sets (hard) open:

Box sets (soft):

Collector sets:

Collections:

Complete series (individual disc sets):

More complete series (individual disc sets):

Individual disc movies and OVA’s (R2 except Gundam 0080 and Di Gi Charat):

Slayers DVD’s (top row R2, bottom row R1):

Any questions, please ask.

If the person who asked about Gunbuster changes their mind I'll buy that. Few other things I'd be interested in too but just wanted to get that in there first lol also Texhnolyze too. I'll add to this post in a bit.

I'm interested in

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Star Dust Memory
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th Team
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th Team - Millers Report.

i'll take these. Can I have a quote please when you have time.

Di Gi Charat R1
Gunbuster R1
Mobile Suit Gundam (the Movies I,II,III) R2
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket R1
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory R1
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team R1
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team - Miller's Report R1
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam R1
NieA Under 7 R1-4

£100 for the lot or do you want more
reserve these for me

No reason to doubt Animefreak17 won't come through with payment. But also expressing an interest in the NieA Under 7 set if he changes his mind!

Back