Lara Croft: Tomb Raider franchise

Hovis!

Vampire Ninja
I'm sure this won't be the most popular thread, but I do quite enjoy the Tomb Raider games, and what with the Anniversary game being released in April, I thought I'd create a dedicated area for Tomb Raider followers.

By the way, for those who don't know Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Anniversary (to name it in full) is a remake of the very first Tomb Raider game (and my personal favourite) but obviously with modern techniques and production values. Many purists aren't very happy at the idea of playing the first game again with the stylings of Legend (my second favourite Tomb Raider game I might add) but I welcome it.

The idea of playing the first Tomb Raider with its key ingredients with the finesse of Legend I find a very exciting video gaming prospect! If Crystal Dynamics (the developers) can do to the first Tomb Raider game that Capcom did with the Remake of the first Resident Evil game on the Nintendo Gamecube then it should be great. Time will tell. :)

And while were at it, I may as well give you a list, in order, of my favourite to least favourite Tomb Raider games (that I've played):

* Tomb Raider I
* Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Legend
* Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation
* Tomb Raider V: Chronicles
* Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - The Angel Of Darkness
* Tomb Raider II
* Tomb Raider III

Some people would be surprised with that list, but II & III had the least impact with me. :)

McIcy said:
I'll be picking up Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Anniversary I can't wait to try it out as I never got the chance to play the original

Easily my favourite installment. If they get it right, this should be the best in the franchise.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I really like Legend. I never really got into the series, but I bought Legend a few months ago and was obsessed with it for a few days.

Then the game froze and my save file got corrupted...I haven't played it since.

If the remake of the first one comes out on 360, I'll get it...my friends were really into it, but it kinda passed me by. I've heard it isn't though, soooo...

Back