Kung-Fu Hustle

I watched it. It was brilliant, indeed. I'd never heard of it when I watched it (Uncle lives in Indonesia) so I thought I discovered a jem. Then a week or so later I seen adverts for it. Feh ;.;

My favourite sequence is the very beginning when the Axe Gang are doing their dance. Everytime I see that I wanna be able to dance like that!

Same with Shaolin Soccer too.

Thing what I love about Kung-Fu Hustle is it kind of reminds me of Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton and Laurel & Hardy films but in a very modern, Far Eastern way (if you know what I mean).

Though there's a story there, for me its not about that. Its about pure entertainment.

I can't think of a film in years which has entertianed me as "purely" as this!

Its really nice to know there are peeps who rate it as highly as I do.

You know, I watched it on one occasion before I went out one night and the burst of energy and enthusiasm it gave me was quite amusing.

I take these things way to seriously... !!! ;-D

i'm yet to see Kunf Fu hustle though it is on my to-watch list..so i will try and find it at some point in the near future

i think its a brilliant film, but in my opinion it still can't beat Shaolin Soccer. That movie was toooo goood.
imo Kung-Fu Hustle is over-rated.

Arbalest said:
i'm yet to see Kunf Fu hustle though it is on my to-watch list..so i will try and find it at some point in the near future

You won't (or shouldn't be) disappointed.

You're lucky, you get to watch it the first time fresh! :)

hopeful_monster said:
Loved all the live action Looney Toons gags, especially the 'road runner' chase.

Yeah, that was a hilarious scene.

Wonder what Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin would have thought of that scene if they were alive to this day? :?:

:) :D :lol:

I rented it from Blockbuster first, watched it with my gf the day after i bought it, before i even had to take the rental back! ^^

Yeah its one of my favourite films, i train everyday to try an perfect the Buddist Open Palm Technique xD

chaos-unleashed said:
If you watch it, you will find enlightenment! zomg that movie should sooooo have a sequel or something lol

There was a rumour of a sequel but God knows if it'll happen or not (I hope so, more of the same please!).

This our works midnight novie tonight, I brought it in especially so we have the big screen tv in the office and when we have got our take-aways (tonight is chinese) we're gonna settle in and laugh our way through this :D

JAKEMAN said:
I like this movie its really funny, I love the bit where they are dancing around at the start hehe

Agreed. The film as a whole is great but the opening ten or so minutes mesmerized me when I first watched it at the cinema.

Everything from the dancing Axe Gang members to the sequence when there marching in unison towards the rival gang in perfect step with the excellent orchestra score playing in the background blew me away (doesn't the leader have a fisherman's hat on his head?! :lol: ).

Back