Kodansha Reveals K Manga - but Manga Availability is About to Become Worse than Ever

Demelza

Adventuring Alchemist
AUKN Staff
Kodansha prepare to launch K Manga in May, but as it's exclusive to the US, we're about to see simulpub releases of their most popular titles take a significant step back in terms of availability.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I live in Canada:

1679416324965.png

:rolleyes:

(I know you likely intentionally didn't want to use the term "piracy", but I really have no idea what Kodansha is thinking right now. This will undeniably increase the level of piracy surrounding their works.)

I'd originally subbed to Azuki to read Edens Zero (because it was a much more stable reader than Crunchyroll's) but I've not been able to read it since Kodansha did their mass removal from the subscription services. As you noted in this article, the English releases for that series are incredibly behind the Japanese releases, so I can't even pay to stay up to date with it. Why does Kodansha not want my money? :'(

I'm just very bitter about all of this, and this news has intensified it.
/grabs for salt shakers

Last edited:
Terrible idea. They're going to have a a devil of a job getting those of us outside the US to like their service even if it opens up later on; US companies keep doing this and it always upsets people who are arbitrarily excluded from something they used to support with no viable alternative on offer. I hope this platform fails, and until then I'll be sticking to my titles from other publishers since Kodansha clearly doesn't value me as a customer.

R

Well it's time to go back to pirating , I had stopped doing this 2 years ago but this news forces me to think back on my decision back then.

Last edited:
Back