King of thorns website

chaos

The Boss
An official english website has been launched for the <i>King of Thorns</i> movie.The website claims this will be a worldwide release.
"Medusa"….a deadly virus becomes a worldwide epidemic. In order to escape from this deadly virus, a handful of people are chosen to be put into a cold sleep, laying in a capsule hoping for the future cure.

Kasumi, a teenage girl is one of the 160 chosen for this procedure, and is guided to a Cold Sleep Capsule Center (CSCC) inside an ancient castle. Understanding that it is hardly possible, Kasumi goes to sleep still anticipating for a reunion with her twin sister Shizuku, who also is infected with the virus.

As Kasumi and the others awake, they notice that the CSCC is not as they remembered. Just like the story of "Sleeping Beauty," the castle is covered with thorn, and the awaked are attacked by unknown creatures and monsters….!
How long were they asleep? Where did the monsters come from? What have happened to the world?
Abandoned in the midst of enigma, the escapade of the seven survivors begins…

Hmm. Sounds like a cliche 'been asleep for forever' and the world was pwnd. Though it tends to be the cliche's that are the best so i'm probably going to check this out.

tropes? I had to google that word. Yes, I'd say it could be either a cliche or a trope, it depends largely on the execution. From the trailer alone, it looks good though.

chaos said:
tropes? I had to google that word. Yes, I'd say it could be either a cliche or a trope, it depends largely on the execution. From the trailer alone, it looks good though.

Want to link us the trailer then? Google is just too much hard work.

Kirrimir said:
chaos said:

Want to link us the trailer then? Google is just too much hard work.
Link was there, but for some reason it wasn't highlighted :S
anyway, fixed that.

BAKA said:
The manga is fantastic, loads of great cinematic moments. I hope they do it justice.

I totaly agree i loved the manga, just hoping that they manage to bring it across as well in the movie. Must say i do like the animation style

So there is a virus, some people get put to sleep and wake up in a future full of monsters....sounds a bit like Blue Gender.

Trailer looks good.

The animation looks pretty high quality from that trailer. To me it seems a bit of an odd manga to get an anime, but it has been a while since anything else similar. The story is reasonably well paced in the manga and there is definitely no moe. I hope they do a good job on Marco and the black guy as they were two of my favourite characters from the manga.

Very interested. Nice little thriller/sci-fi/apocalyptic movie to watch. I'll be getting either a ticket or an order for this.

Olio8O said:
who is releasing this? Will it be Manga, or will someone like Warner Bros get the license?
No one picked this license so far, but the fact the producers decided to have a website in english shows that hey have interest in the english speaking world. Hopefully, a theatrical release?

Back