Kimba Ultra Edition Boxset, R1, Audio Question

otaku010884

Student Council President
I've seen on the likes of Amazon that this has Japanese audio, as well as the English dub, but on places like otaku.co.uk it just says English audio. Looking at the product details it looks to me like the episodes are all in English with only the first episode being available with Japanese audio. Is this the case or can I view the whole thing in Japanese with English subs? I'm sorry but I just REALLY dislike dubs. :?

Sounds as though you're out of luck :(

This review seems to clearly mention that only the one episode is there in its original form. We do have a couple of Tezuka fans in these parts so hopefully one of them can chip in with their thoughts :)

R

Got this box set myself and its only dubbed only, with one episode as you already know in Japaneses as an extra. Its also the edited version shown for USA kids tv so the episodes are out of order, the story & dialog is toned down for USA audiences.

I have watched the first 10 eps found it bit too silly, Kimba gets all the animals to make a farm :eek:. Unless you are a fan of the old series or curious to see one of the earliest anime series around and the first one to use colour, I would not recommend it. I may change my mind once watch the other 40 eps, but that my opinion on it at the moment, it has some nice extras & artwork box set I must admit.

Back