Kara no Kyoukai BD set

unknownfate

Pokémon Master
I'm selling off my KnK BD set for the right price, I've got a figure in my head which is less than RRP but feel free to make me an offer since it could work out more than what I'm thinking :)

Payday on Thursday so this would make a nice late xmas present for myself lol. I don’t want to make a derisory offer, so I’ll have a bit of a think.

If you had Yukikaze and Jin-Roh on BD i'd buy them all off you and complete mt holy grails collection lol.

Did originally sell for £400 but the guy backed out. It's already en-route to the new buyer so there'll be no changing of minds this time.

Give it about a week and I'll want to buy it again just like I did with CCS which incidentally I sold to buy KnK in the first place.

I sold it on to buy other things I wanted which I couldn't afford. I would have happily sold it for £250 and made a loss but I happened to get lucky.

I wasn't meaning you specifically, you said outright in your initial post that you weren't demanding more than the RRP. I was just throwing something out there to potentially open up a discussion. ^^;

Discussion-wise I like the idea of LEs retaining their value and I think it encourages a certain segment of the market to buy them quickly, which is good. I was annoyed I missed the Tiger & Bunny v1 LE due to my disorganisation, but I can't begrudge most of the individuals scalping the price on it for so long since many fans were willing to pay it.

I don't think it's fair when people (especially companies, like RACS in the US) buy up several to begin with and list them at 3x RRP immediately, as that's just being selfish and blocking legitimate buyers, but if someone has used it or had a change of heart/circumstances I'm fine with it.

R

Hmm, I'm fairly shocked you think scalping like that is morally OK for such fan-focused products. Maybe I just have a more cynical view of what is really going on in many of those situations.

Truly "limited" limited editions intrinsically hold their value, I think making things hard to acquire is usually enough encouragement to get fans to buy something. Thinking "this will twice as expensive second hand" always annoys me, and second hand shops in Japan are always happy to pay more than RRP on day of release for "obvious" items.

Companies that act like that (or are set up p.much purely as speculators on new console releases etc) are definitely on some other level of hideous, though.

Back