Kamichu!

Warmaster

Great Teacher
After a couple of years of desperately trying to find this anime, I finally got hold of it in the past few days, and have been spending my time watching it. Being very interested in Shinto and polytheistic religions in general, this was right up my ally, but more than that the trailers suggested an extremely quaint and fun series.

Well being half way in, I think I have just found a new series to stick in my top ten. This is a wonderfully unique series which manages to combine some wonderful characters with an equally wonderful setting WITHOUT making it seem like a tacky super hero show. In all it seems absolutely wonderful, and presents religion as it should be, fun, exciting and inclusive! It is a travesty it is not out over here, but it should be, as it is certainly worth it. In any case it is the best anime series I have seen since Noein, and the dub is great too :)

"Access restricted to members only" :p

Kamichu! is one of the most laid-back series I have ever seen. No other series could have gotten away with an entire episode basically does nothing (going to extraordinary lengths to do so :p). Absolutely brilliantly series.

Gawyn said:
Kamichu! is one of the most laid-back series I have ever seen. No other series could have gotten away with an entire episode basically does nothing (going to extraordinary lengths to do so :p). Absolutely brilliantly series.

Haibane Renmei owns your argument :p

(But it is my favourite series :wink:)

But yes, brilliant series all round.

No other series could have gotten away with an entire episode basically does nothing (going to extraordinary lengths to do so).
Sounds a bit like Aria to me (which, for the record, is awesome in ways I'd never imagined).

I'm into the chilled out iyashikei stuff these days so will keep my eyes open for it.

Kamichu! is definitely up there with the best. It's a good fun slice-of-life series, although a few episodes are a little hit or miss (lookin' at you, ep.4 -.- ). Compared to similar series, I thought it was better than Aria and not quite as good as YKK.

Warmaster said:
Gawyn said:

Ouran High School Host Club. Nothing ever happens...

Deidara said:
Warmaster said:
Gawyn said:

Ouran High School Host Club. Nothing ever happens...

Not Funny.

Addendum to previous post. While still great as a whole, the series is one of few which I think does need a sequel. Largely due to the somewhat uncompleted ending. Perhaps that is due to it being squished into 16 episodes rather than going for 24 or 26. Still, a pleasant surprise all round.

Now to add insult to injury, I have FLCL still to watch and my Last Exile box set just arrived! Damnit looks like my weekend is taken :p

Back