Kaleido Star

Miaka-chan

Stand User
Ok, I just HAVE to recommend this anime to everyone :D

It's a story about a trapeze circus "Kaleido Stage" and it's ups and downs along the way. I guess you can sort of call it a sports anime but only just!
The main character is a girl named Sora from Japan, her dream is to be a part of the Kaleido Stage, which is actually based in America!!
She has many hurdles to overcome but does it with typical anime style :D
There are many great and interesting characters in this anime, lots of indepth character plot, beautiful effects of the trapeze artists. It's a very heart warming anime that leaves you with feelings of anger, laughter, complete irritation (May Wong!!) and the most wonderful ending episode that left me in floods of tears :oops:
As long as you're not one of those people who look too deeply into certain aspects of anime (i.e. how come they're all in America but everyone speaks Japanese and Sora and all the Japanese cast can understand everyone?! Plus they go to France and other than a couple of times again everyone understand everyone!!), then you'll love it! I can overlook this kind of scenario, it doesn't bother me in the least :D

It's definitely a shojo anime (great for guys and gals!!).

I love this serie too and i cant wait untill ADV brings it out later this year.
Do you know if the serie coming out in USA is going to be 52 eps???

Miaka-chan said:
Ok, I just HAVE to recommend this anime to everyone :D

It's a story about a trapeze circus "Kaleido Stage" and it's ups and downs along the way. I guess you can sort of call it a sports anime but only just!
The main character is a girl named Sora from Japan, her dream is to be a part of the Kaleido Stage, which is actually based in America!!
She has many hurdles to overcome but does it with typical anime style :D
There are many great and interesting characters in this anime, lots of indepth character plot, beautiful effects of the trapeze artists. It's a very heart warming anime that leaves you with feelings of anger, laughter, complete irritation (May Wong!!) and the most wonderful ending episode that left me in floods of tears :oops:
As long as you're not one of those people who look too deeply into certain aspects of anime (i.e. how come they're all in America but everyone speaks Japanese and Sora and all the Japanese cast can understand everyone?! Plus they go to France and other than a couple of times again everyone understand everyone!!), then you'll love it! I can overlook this kind of scenario, it doesn't bother me in the least :D

It's definitely a shojo anime (great for guys and gals!!).

Sounds really interesting! I'll keep an eye out for the ADV release of it. :D

Been looking forward to the release of this myself from ADV for a while now. Not at the top of my most wanted list , but certainly a series I intend to get eventually. Especially if the ending episode is as sad as Miaka-chan says, I always enjoy an anime that makes me emotionally involved enough to cry.

MangaMinX said:
Especially if the ending episode is as sad as Miaka-chan says, I always enjoy an anime that makes me emotionally involved enough to cry.

I haven't watched enough anime that has made me cry (or at least make me choke leastways) but I'm becoming interested with the more emotional involving stuff. :)

Hovis! said:
I haven't watched enough anime that has made me cry (or at least make me choke leastways) but I'm becoming interested with the more emotional involving stuff. :)

I actually think I tear up over anime far to easily :) , certainly easier than I do over the majority of Hollywood films and the like that are non-animated. I can count moments in most of my anime collection where ive been moved enough to have a bit of a cry. And certain series like Fruits Basket had me in floods of tears at some moments.

MangaMinX said:
Been looking forward to the release of this myself from ADV for a while now. Not at the top of my most wanted list , but certainly a series I intend to get eventually. Especially if the ending episode is as sad as Miaka-chan says, I always enjoy an anime that makes me emotionally involved enough to cry.

No, the ending episode isn't sad, it's wonderful and that's what choked me up. It was so "feel good" but you'll know what I mean when you see it :D
I'm dreadful when it comes to tears and anime, the daftest thing can set me off but I always feel that tears prove an anime is good (well for me anyway!!), plus if I have the same reaction watching something over and over, I know it's good (worst for this are Fushigi Yugi, Fruits Basket and of course Sailor Moon :D ).

There are 51 episodes and I know that series 2 (episode 29-51) is just being released on R1. I need to get the OVA now but not sure where from!!

MangaMinX said:
I actually think I tear up over anime far to easily :) , certainly easier than I do over the majority of Hollywood films and the like that are non-animated. I can count moments in most of my anime collection where ive been moved enough to have a bit of a cry. And certain series like Fruits Basket had me in floods of tears at some moments.

If you want to watch another feel good anime that'll make you cry :?: then watch Full Moon Wo Sagashite. It took me a while to go for this one as it's a story about a 12 year old girl with throat cancer who has 1 year left to live. I wasn't sure I could watch something that sounded so sad but it was such a wonderful wonderful story, as she gets to realize her dream of being a singer with the help of the 2 Shinigami who have come to take her soul, they transform her into a 16 year beauty and the story goes on from there. I'm so glad I didn't let my feelings on the subject stop me from watching this anime :D

Miaka-chan said:
No, the ending episode isn't sad, it's wonderful and that's what choked me up. It was so "feel good" but you'll know what I mean when you see it :D
I'm dreadful when it comes to tears and anime, the daftest thing can set me off but I always feel that tears prove an anime is good (well for me anyway!!), plus if I have the same reaction watching something over and over, I know it's good (worst for this are Fushigi Yugi, Fruits Basket and of course Sailor Moon :D ).

Ah I see , well , tears of happiness are great aswell , its wonderful when an anime brings out those kind of emotions :) . Tears do indeed prove an anime is good in my eyes too! From a little teary eyed to bawling my eyes out as events unfold :oops: , connecting with events in an anime, that much show how wonderful the show involved is.

EDIT: Thanks for the recommendation aswell , ill look into it :)

A seire that mad me feel really sad was Kanon, tho is this a happy serie to start with it really makes you feel drepressed at parts and i like every second of this serie. Miaka-chan if you have not seen this serie yet you should give it a try it sounds like your sort of Anime . This serie really needs to be licensed its been around on fansub for some time now and no US company has got it yet. The reason i heard no US company had got it yet is that it a expensive and they not sure if a shojo serie would do that well in the US. Kanon has i really big fan base tho and was very big in japan when it frist came out and was a big serie for fansubers when they did them, i think it would do well in the US and maybe even the UK.

valha said:
A seire that mad me feel really sad was Kanon, tho is this a happy serie to start with it really makes you feel drepressed at parts and i like every second of this serie. Miaka-chan if you have not seen this serie yet you should give it a try it sounds like your sort of Anime .

I have downloaded and watched the first 2 episodes but I still can't make up my mind if I want to watch anymore!! Their faces are a smidge weird (I like big eyes but these are HUGE!!). I remember I tried to watch it at Aya 2002 and walked out half way through the first episode but I am trying hard to watch it this time, as the reviews I have read range from it being someone's number one anime to anothers most hateful thing! I decided to download the next 3 episodes but if I still can't get into it, I will have to give up :cry:

Back