Kadokawa USA Announces latest licences

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
At their panel, the industry representatives from Kadokawa USA announced that their company now holds the North American licenses to the anime series Junjou Romantica, Spice and Wolf, Rental Magica, My Heartfelt Sympathy, Ninomiya-kun, H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~, and Coo ~ Our Guardian (Wagaya no Oinarisama.). Last month, Kadokawa USA requested that the AnimeSuki.com website remove links to the unauthorized fansubs of all six of these series, along with five others.

i'm sure a few people will be happy bout Spice an Wolf

may have to pick that one up myself

Odd little list. While none of the ones on it that I've watched are bad, none really set the world on fire. My impression of Spice and Wolf is that it did well because it had a cute wolf girl. As a series about medieval trading alone would have bombed if she had been a normal girl.

The only one that stands out from the rest of them for me is Spice and Wolf, it was a really nice series, fairly easy going and a good storyline. I personally wouldn't say the fact that Horo is a "cute wolf girl" added much to it at all, if anything, i liked her character a bit myself as well as lawrence.
Personally i'd like to see a second series of it, what with there being 8 novels of it, and only 2 have been covered, but i'll wait and see.

Arbalest said:
Personally i'd like to see a second series of it, what with there being 8 novels of it, and only 2 have been covered, but i'll wait and see.
Seems to be a new(?) trend. Instead of doing 26 odd episode doing a 12 episode run to test the waters then doing another 12 or more. Examples I can think of are Code/Mission E, Moonlight Mile, Durga, and Gundam 00 (though they are doing two 25 episode runs rather than a 50).

Gay love story! Woot! I probably won't read Junjo Romantica, but at least I know it's there :]

Not really interested in anything they've just announced beyond that.

Back