K-ON!! DVD 1 in August

Reaper gI said:
It's not from EVA, it's a famous Japanese folk song (also used in eva). It's only the arangement that's copyright. Wether it's unlicensable or they were just being cheap we don't know.

They also didn't have lossless audio on the BDs (using the dvd audio), and lost the Ura-on! episodes.
It's a very, very bad release

it's the end theme off 2.2 aswell, which happened to be released around the same time as k-on so may not help matters

looks like they're going 4-4-3-3 release style too and translating fuwa fuwa time to english (yes unlike my worries about don't say lazy and christina vee, this one has unfortunatly been confirmed)

end of the day though, manga is bound to use the bandai rip, and while they may get the chance to add the ura-on episodes (i doubt they will) they won't be able to fix the audio issues.

oh and just to top it off a bit more, vol 2 of k-on is delayed, so expect another manga delay

Okay got slightly confused, the song itself (and other covers) are licensable, like it was in Eva. No the license for the version in EVA won't block this one, they're two differnt covers of the same song, only getting full rights on the original would let you do that.

The question is wether the licence for the cover used in k-on! was for Japan only or not. As in they can't sell that cover outside Japan without renegociating the rights for the song with the copyright holder.

Ryo Chan said:
looks like they're going 4-4-3-3 release style too and translating fuwa fuwa time to english (yes unlike my worries about don't say lazy and christina vee, this one has unfortunatly been confirmed)
IIRC isn't the English version being included as an extra, not in the actual episodes?

Shiroi Hane said:
Ryo Chan said:
IIRC isn't the English version being included as an extra, not in the actual episodes?

yep, but by this logic, why isn't christan's cover of "don't say lazy" on it too XD

wait stop giving them idea ryo

We're getting to a point where pre-ordering anime DVDs or BDs is like playing Russian Roulette (although Bandai seemingly haven't released a trouble free disc in years). I'm hoping the audio is fixed for the UK release but I'm not holding my breath.

Back