K-ON!! DVD 1 in August

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... -by-august

Finalized UK plans for K-ON!! release. Expect Vol.1 DVD by August. We are authoring with Madman in Australia and they don't recive materials until April. Add 12 week production time. So, that's why it takes so long. Please don't import R1 edition. It'll kill us.

I know there was a thread discussing the blu-ray being delayed; but I posted there last, and didn't want to double post.

Finalized UK plans for K-ON!! release. Expect Vol.1 DVD by August. We are authoring with Madman in Australia and they don't recive materials until April. Add 12 week production time. So, that's why it takes so long. Please don't import R1 edition. It'll kill us.

Seriously, guys, don't. :(

As I said elsewhere, with Madman now giving anime on DVD native PAL transfers, it's worthwhile waiting for the UK release, as you get a better product, visually speaking.

Please don't import R1 edition. It'll kill us.

Shoulda thoughta that before u cancelled my blu rays then shouldn't ya

*Rage*

dnote.jpg

Ryo Chan said:
Please don't import R1 edition. It'll kill us.

Shoulda thoughta that before u cancelled my blu rays then shouldn't ya
Releasing single volume BR's would kill them too. No-one's gonna buy 3-4 episodes for 20-30 quid. What is this, 2003? :lol:

Just wait until 2012.

Paradox295 said:
Releasing single volume BR's would kill them too. No-one's gonna buy 3-4 episodes for 20-30 quid. What is this, 2003? :lol:

Just wait until 2012.
Nope we'll pay, US imports cost more than UK, have done for a while now.
Paying more for a superior product is fine by me.

I don't want the best possible version of K-On anyway, so I'll probably get Manga's DVDs with my Amazon credit. I do find all of the guilt tripping lately a bit much though. There are surely better ways to get the die hards on their side.

R

Reaper gI said:
Paradox295 said:

Just wait until 2012.
Nope we'll pay, US imports cost more than UK, have done for a while now.
Paying more for a superior product is fine by me.
Errr... anime doesn't generally get released 3-4 eps at a time in the States "for a while now". And as for import costs I believe that "for a while now" can be narrowed down to "since global economic crisis hit".

I said this over at ANN, but I'll reiterate it here too.
Okay I'll rent the singles and if I like it enough I'll buy the box set later. Job's a good'un.

so then, this will be interesting

bandai's had to edit out a song because it's from evangelion, and obviously they have no rights to eva

now with manga owning the movie rights does this mean that the song will be in the uk release

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cqvfVR-92JE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cqvfVR-92JE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

^^ song in question

It's not from EVA, it's a famous Japanese folk song (also used in eva). It's only the arangement that's copyright. Wether it's unlicensable or they were just being cheap we don't know.

They also didn't have lossless audio on the BDs (using the dvd audio), and lost the Ura-on! episodes.
It's a very, very bad release

Back