Job

Hyaku said:
Mightysor said:
I would like to be a computer technican when im older for a school, pc repair or a company. Yeah Hyaku 11am in the morning tut tut.

I could never do a job which required sitting at a desk constantly, it'd drive me mad. :x :)

My job is pretty much sat down waiting, I thought I could never do it but the free time lets me get on with other stuff.

Mightysor try a technician job at a uni, the media ones I used to work with never sat still, with tv studios, radio studios and editing suites to maintain and manage the job was never slow or dull

McIcy said:
I am a Contractor so I own my own company even though I am the only employee.

I work in Servers and PC Systems and spend my day sat ata desk reading manga and watching anime, on nights I sleep and play my PS2 while waiting for a call centre in some 3rd world contry to tell me if a server needs rebooting or server tapes need loading

I love my job as I am pretty much my own boss, I only work about 14 days a month and generally have a very relaxed life

Sounds awesome :D .

McIcy said:
Hyaku said:
Mightysor said:
I would like to be a computer technican when im older for a school, pc repair or a company. Yeah Hyaku 11am in the morning tut tut.

I could never do a job which required sitting at a desk constantly, it'd drive me mad. :x :)

My job is pretty much sat down waiting, I thought I could never do it but the free time lets me get on with other stuff.

Mightysor try a technician job at a uni, the media ones I used to work with never sat still, with tv studios, radio studios and editing suites to maintain and manage the job was never slow or dull

Whats your salary? If you don't mind me asking :eek:

Silent Tears said:
McIcy said:
I am a Contractor so I own my own company even though I am the only employee.

I work in Servers and PC Systems and spend my day sat ata desk reading manga and watching anime, on nights I sleep and play my PS2 while waiting for a call centre in some 3rd world contry to tell me if a server needs rebooting or server tapes need loading

I love my job as I am pretty much my own boss, I only work about 14 days a month and generally have a very relaxed life

Sounds awesome :D .

Yeah its the job I was always looking for An Honest Weeks Pay for An Honest Days Work

I have an interview at Mcdonalds for a part time job tomorow. Aint life **** but a jobs a job so Im going to have to get it. I left one crappy Mcdonalds to go to another.

Part time jobs suck ass

I'm a Northern Irish Civil servant and current working in the 'Department of health, social services and public safety’s' 'Directorate of Information systems'.

Basically we maintain the UK's only successful IT Project, the system that runs the Northern Irish National Health Service.

Hummm. Lots of servers.

butch-cassidy said:
I'm a Northern Irish Civil servant and current working in the 'Department of health, social services and public safety’s' 'Directorate of Information systems'.

Basically we maintain the UK's only successful IT Project, the system that runs the Northern Irish National Health Service.

Hummm. Lots of servers.

You might develop a permanent humming noise in your ears after a while :p

Hyaku said:
McIcy said:
Hyaku said:
Mightysor said:

Whats your salary? If you don't mind me asking :eek:

Basic rate is 38k a year but with the overtime I do its probably closer to 45k

butch-cassidy said:

Hummm. Lots of servers.

I know that sound, I am surrounded by servers when I go into our datacentres sometimes it gets deafening

Nyu said:
McIcy said:
Basic rate is 38k a year but with the overtime I do its probably closer to 45k

Not bad, thats what i plan to be on when i'm your age. Any bonuses etc?

Just over time, and as I only work 14 days a month I can work another 14 easily (if I want to and if the hours are going spare) and take my wages up to 78k, but I love my time off way to much

Thats what retirements for. Think of the amount of crap you could buy with the extra money (minus the tax though :()

Nyu said:
Thats what retirements for. Think of the amount of crap you could buy with the extra money (minus the tax though :()

Nah I love my free time, I can chill out, besides weekdays at works suck, they are so boring if there were lots of night shifts going I would take them all, at the moment I am working 3 days overtime this week, but thats so I can take 2 days off to go to Minamicon this weekend

Back