Jan 7th London Meet: Hotel + revised list

Mutsumi

Guild Member
Firstly, & MOST IMPORTANTLY, we need to establish exactly how many people are staying the night, so we may book the correct number of rooms. Even if we all gather in one room, we MUST book the correct number, otherwise things can get ugly for the credit card booking the rooms.

January 7th, 2006.
List of attendance (Names rooming in bold):
Aimz (Mutsumi's fiancée)
Daedalus668
FF8Selphie
Melainy
Mutsumi
Neon-Noir
Original Angel
Shades
Valha
where's my cow?
ZAFF
Post & I'll add ya. ;D
(Edit - merged the list from the other thread)

[EDIT 12th Dec - Both Melainy & Neon-Noir & are offering to accomodate people for the night. I understand this is offered purely for those unable to afford both travel & a share of the room, or in the latter case, as a last resort only for someone otherwise stranded. Such arrangements are between Melainy/Neon-Noir & whoever they may host, buy please drop a line to this thread, so we know everyone is accounted for.]

Secondly, tell us what time you can arrive at Waterloo station. Before 1pm is preferable & makes enough allowances for distance I believe. If 1pm is not possible, let us know why & we can work something out.

Thirdly, I think this meet needs a name. Something easier to say than "the first London meet". London1? Suggestions?

Lastly, I'm no expert on place names in London, so would an experienced Londoner like to comment on the suitability of this location?

Address: 12-20 Osborn St, London, E16TE
Times: check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00
Nearest Tube Station: Aldgate East Station
No. of Rooms: 83
Room for 4 people: £80/night booked online, or £60? Site is unclear which, but would know when booking.

http://www.londonnights.com/london-hote ... Hotel.aspx

ALSO IMPORTANT: The amount each of us will pay for the room costs will be equal, regardless of who is in the room with the most people.

And finally....
Dibs on the double bed. XD

I'm coming, but I'm not staying overnight (I don't live too far away which is nice :D ). Before 1pm would be fine and dandy. Anybody going to Marylebone I can meet you there beforehand (I'm looking at you Neon Noir :wink: )

Some of you unable to pay for accomodation, PM me and I'll try and arrange something about sleeping over. This is on a first-come-first-served basis and be warned - any more than 3 people and you'll probably have to bring a sleeping bag (which won't be able to be dropped off beforehand, unless you arrive a lot earlier and would like a trip to the other side of London :D )

HOWEVER (note the capital boldness meaning this is a very important paragraph) PLEASE don't rely too heavily on me. I'm still only an occupant in my house and I'm merely doing this as a kind gesture. If my rents say "no" then I'm afraid there's nothing I can do - I just want a rough idea of numbers.

Man you're organised! Well done! Put my name down on the list please. If someone decides to pay for the rooms before hand, let me know and I can post a cheque out to cover my share.

I can do anytime, so before 1 won't be a problem.

As for a name, uh, "London Jan 06"...? Does the job, but ignore me. Let someone more imaginative suggest a name! Lol!

I'm coming, but I'm not staying overnight (I don't live too far away which is nice :D ). Before 1pm would be fine and dandy. Anybody going to Marylebone I can meet you there beforehand (I'm looking at you Neon Noir :wink: )

:wink: Not a problem, I don't mind meeting you at Gerrads Cross, or in High Wycombe - whichever is easier for you. Hopefully we can arrange some kind of meet-up before this, preferably in one of those two places, so that we at least can go without a feeling of complete remoteness. I just got back off holiday, and have nothing else apart from work and school to do, so I'll give you a call sometime.

If worse does come to worse and something extreme happens I can put one person up for the night, but this is only in the instance of something drastic.

I'd love to come...but I don't think I'm alowed, my parents are really weird about meeting people off the internet. I could try and ask but I have an idea about what they would say.

I'm not going to say lie to your parents, but you could always just say you're going to meet friends, and then say you're gonna go into London. It's pretty much the truth, and you don't have to say they're all off the internet. You could even bring a friend who you know well already in case something goes wrong.

But, if at the end of the day, your parents are not cool about it, then I guess they have their reasons. Hope you can make it though, the more people the better it will be...

KittySeras said:
I'd love to come...but I don't think I'm alowed, my parents are really weird about meeting people off the internet. I could try and ask but I have an idea about what they would say.

Why don't you ask if you can bring a friend? If you go with somebody you already know it might make them a bit more lenient. We won't mind! The more the merrier! :D

KittySeras said:

My mum's the same, and I'm 19 and at uni 150 miles away from home!!! She even said that she might have to come along as well! :S oh dear... Lol! Bless 'em though. It's good to know they care! Hope you can make it!

Back