I've noticed something about both my local Waterstones

Stuart1512

Completely Average High School Student
One seems to sell mostly Tokyo Pop with a tiny but of Clamp and my other one seems to sell mostly Shonen Jump with a little Tokyo Pop.

BTW: Is the 3 for 2 deal over? since when i went in to the second shop down the road(first shop was being refurnished) they didn't have any Manga on sale

I think the deal is over. And I dont think they specifically choose what goes on the shelves, maybe they stock Tokyo Pop more because its one of the most popular types.

The 3 for 2 seems over. At my local waterstones they have also cut down on their stock but I dont think my town is a hot spot for manga as even the comic shop has stopped stocking it.

3 for 2 over THIS IS MADNESS!!!

Looks like i'm going to have to take some extra spending money with me when i go into town every now and then, why can't the deal be permanenet? oh and is there any news on when it will be back on?

Special offers like 3 for 2 do end at some point you know.
It was probably a special offer until the new year.

for a while i thought it was never going to end given how long it had been going on for, lol.

I went into Waterstones yesterday, and some of the Manga still had the 3 for 2 stickers on, pity they had such a piss-poor selection. When I worked in retail we were obliged to honour the offer if it was still on the product, so you might get lucky.

I cant really afford to read Manga, its a bit overpriced considering i read it in record time lol. Death Note's been costing like 6 quid a go, and, with things like Bleach where theres up to 300... thats too much. Anyone know anywhere cheaper since i dont go in Waterstones, i live in a run down area of nobodys (aka: Chavs)

6 quid isn't much for manga, really, there's 21 volumes of Bleach translated so far, I got up to 20 myself, in total that's £120 on manga, alone. >_>

Spyro201 said:
I cant really afford to read Manga, its a bit overpriced considering i read it in record time lol. Death Note's been costing like 6 quid a go, and, with things like Bleach where theres up to 300... thats too much. Anyone know anywhere cheaper since i dont go in Waterstones, i live in a run down area of nobodys (aka: Chavs)

If you can buy online then try http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/

The books are generally half price or less, so you can usually pick up 5 volumes at a time for around £20 plus the shipping is free.

The nearest waterstones to me is in Stevanage. Its okies, sometimes they have like the 2nd vol of something but no 1st vol, even on there daterbase for order. D:
I usally go in there, see what mangas I like then buy them off ebay. Lol xD

Back