Its 1973, nearly dinner time and i'm having hoops

lun_chang

Completely Average High School Student
Well Play seem to think its a good enough anime to be there editors choice Razz

http://play.com/DVD/DVD/BROWSE/37/51/3- ... type=genre

this topic got me thinking. maybe they should make life on mars in to a anime. lots of comic violence, gags and drama, plus pc annie cartwright with bigger boobs and in a mini skirt. how could it fail??

any way like i said it got me thinking. what else could/should they make in to a an anime? i've two strait away. red dwarf and spaced.

anyone else got any suggestions?

You realize the 'Top DVD' is on all genres on Play.com and has been mentioned before on these forums.

I didn't see the Life On Mars series tbh so i can't say much. But animes are usually better when they are Original first ideas (in some cases.)

Shenmue would make a good drama/mystery/action anime. And if it finished off the plot, that would be awesome.

Shenmue getting cancelled (or should I say, Shenmue III never even going into production) is gaming's biggest tragedy.

Espy said:
Shenmue getting cancelled (or should I say, Shenmue III never even going into production) is gaming's biggest tragedy.
Ho'****, seriously? Oh well... damn. Another question which I wanted answered in my life, now I only have one left...

You realize the 'Top DVD' is on all genres on Play.com and has been mentioned before on these forums.

i know it got mentioned on the forums thats what got me thinking about it.

i agree that original ideas tend to be best, but that would mean cancelling naruto and alot of other anime or do you mean anime shouldn't be made from anything other than manga?

i know this is a lame topic for discussion and has been done to death 1000's of time across the internet. but i think its an important one to consider. i just get frustrated by the same genre and content getting recycled and think that the anime/manga producers and audiences should start to look further afield for new ideas.

i'll stop moaning now. you should really watch a few episodes of life on mars if you can.

Shenmue kicked ass on the dreamcast

No sorry if it came across that way. by original ideas i meant like based of manga or just original anime. :shock:

Just don't like straight adaptations that much to be honest.

ill get around to watching Life on Mars eventually

never thought i'd say this, but i agree with dave mustain.

but if anythings going to kill this topic its the mention of "Goodnight Sweetheart."

lets just forget it ever happened.

Back