Is Madlax any good?

Guyver 0

Great Teacher
I heard the advert on that anime plus podcast a while back and it seemed totally action packed and violent. I looked at the dvd cover and its a 12 so is it actually any good/?

Hi, I know that some people don't like Madlax but I really enjoyed it, From the same people behind Noir and while it shares a few similarities I acually prefer Madlax. It does have a slow start but I found that later on the twists and turns added with some good characters helped it develop into a decent storyline. As I said it's not for everyone but I have a low tolerance when it comes to Anime (the only series I've hated being Samurai Gun). If you enjoyed Noir then you'll probably find Madlax okay.

McIcy said:
I watched the first 2 episodes but couldn't get into it, although I have heard good things about it, I just felt it wasn't for me

Largely the same. I liked Noir but watched the first volume of Madlax and didn't really think much of it. I didn't think the characters were interesting at all. I think though I came to the decision I didn't like the show when the main character changed into an evening gown halfway through episode 1 for no apparent reason what-so-ever. This while she was in a jungle in the middle of an operation. Becuase fighting bad guys is so much easier that way isn't it.

Personally I think Madlax, has more likeable characters than Noir, and a slightly better storyline to boot. But ultimately it's more of the same, a slow moving plot, invincible characters doing impossible gun moves and rather obsessive girls with purple hair.

I wasn't a fan of the setting and the fact that it looked like a Noir clone. If you liked Noir it certainly doesn't mean you will like this.

Back