Is it ok for a boy to like girly anime?

RetroRainbow said:
A grand example of fan-pandering is Code Geass; it's like Sunrise took elements of everything that's popular these days and mushed it together. 'Moe' characters, a 'shota', a 'loli', robots, dark pasts, fan-service, interpretable shounen-ai, a 'tortured genius' (so to speak), characters designed by CLAMP, 'magic', war, surprise!twists; I could go on, and although I really like the show, it's pandering to quite a lot of popular things these days, and then look how popular Geass itself is? Sunrise knows what they're doing.

Just, out of interest here, could you explain who the moe/shota/loli characters in Geass are...I mean I'm watching it and the only Moe character I see isn't sexualised and has a tendency to go nucking futs every once in a while and strap a nuke to herself...

Aaaanyway, I can agree the show fan-panders.....all shows do. This is how they gain what I like to call "An audience". Geass, mind, probably does pander a touch more than most but this is exactly what Sunrise have been doing for years now....in all fairness Geass is basically another Gundam series, you could stick the Gundam name on it, add in some V-Crests to the mechs and you're done....it'd still be better than Destiny...bleh.

RetroRainbow said:
A grand example of fan-pandering is Code Geass; it's like Sunrise took elements of everything that's popular these days and mushed it together. 'Moe' characters, a 'shota', a 'loli', robots, dark pasts, fan-service, interpretable shounen-ai, a 'tortured genius' (so to speak), characters designed by CLAMP, 'magic', war, surprise!twists; I could go on, and although I really like the show, it's pandering to quite a lot of popular things these days, and then look how popular Geass itself is? Sunrise knows what they're doing.
Oh damn, quite possibly the most unoriginal show ever, though I only watch it for Kallen anyway.

I don't see why your sex should affect what you enjoy doing.

I mean, hey, I think that in some years time, it'll be socially acceptable for men to wear skirts.
After all, about 60 years ago, it was unacceptable for women to wear trousers, and look now!

Why am I talking about men wearing skirts?

Kezwick_Osaka said:

I mean, hey, I think that in some years time, it'll be socially acceptable for men to wear skirts.
After all, about 60 years ago, it was unacceptable for women to wear trousers, and look now!

Lol I dont know but i like it ^^ I hope its acceptible in the future :)

Robbeech90 said:
Kezwick_Osaka said:

It wont be. Trust me.

Spyro201 said:
Robbeech90 said:
Kezwick_Osaka said:

It wont be. Trust me.

I'm doing it anyway >:p

skikes said:
chaos said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_(slang)

but that doesnt sound bad or even slightly controversial???
It's not bad or controversial or even wrong. It's just popular and some people have problems with what's popular... as liking what's not popular makes you cooler... I don't know, but while Sakura Cardcaptors is Moe and awesome, I'll keep on supporting moe. Haruhi is Moe and also awesome as well!!

skikes said:
chaos said:

Because it's the objectification of women to the point where it makes women seem nothing more than fluffy and cute, and deludes otakus into thinking women are actually like that.

Maxon said:
skikes said:
chaos said:

Because it's the objectification of women to the point where it makes women seem nothing more than fluffy and cute, and deludes otakus into thinking women are actually like that.

:lol: but seriously...otaku's probably don't get out enough to realise what they'd do with a real girl...would probs try and convert them to become an otaku too.
Rather sad really =/

Tachi- said:
:lol: but seriously...otaku's probably don't get out enough to realise what they'd do with a real girl...would probs try and convert them to become an otaku too.
Rather sad really =/
You don't have to be a hardcore Otaku to do that. I tried with my misses and failed T_T

to turn her into an otaku that is ;)

My husband just picked a ready made one!

I have met people who genuinely think that real girls are all ugly and bossy because of anime/TV stereotypes deluding them into thinking we should all be cute little nymphs...ew. Most people are smarter than that but it's scary talking with one of the nutcases.

R

Rui said:
My husband just picked a ready made one!

I have met people who genuinely think that real girls are all ugly and bossy because of anime/TV stereotypes deluding them into thinking we should all be cute little nymphs...ew. Most people are smarter than that but it's scary talking with one of the nutcases.

R

:lol: well, you know what they say....there's always a few oddballs in te world to remind the rest that were normal :p

No matter how many animes you watch it's hard to believe that people can go so far. It happens tho (and that's scary). I'm not one for stereo typing or forcing anime on people. I did try with mu misses but I'm quite happy leaving her to her soaps while I watch ninja fights ^_^

Soaps..... ::shudder::

Voddas said:
No matter how many animes you watch it's hard to believe that people can go so far. It happens tho (and that's scary). I'm not one for stereo typing or forcing anime on people. I did try with mu misses but I'm quite happy leaving her to her soaps while I watch ninja fights ^_^

I actually find soaps more offensive than moe anime. Nothing interesting happens in them. Ever. It's like watching a live-action gossip magazine.

Maxon said:
Voddas said:

I actually find soaps more offensive than moe anime. Nothing interesting happens in them. Ever. It's like watching a live-action gossip magazine.
Tell me about it. There always so depressing too. It's not a soap without a week featuring a murder/rape/robbery etc. Their more like Domestic Violence Reality TV programs ¬_¬

Maxon said:
I've never thought about moe in that light. About women being like that, well, I have 5 older sisters I know what's like having a girl in one of those days almost all the time around...

Tachi said:
... :lol: but seriously...otaku's probably don't get out enough to realise what they'd do with a real girl...would probs try and convert them to become an otaku too.
Rather sad really =/
I can't see a relationship with someone who do not share at least one of my loves. If not anime, some of my other hobbies, but if the girl doesn't like any of my hobbies, I seriously doubt we could have a future.

Back