is it me or does everything seem boring........

Animefreak17

Godhand
Here's what I mean....

Yesterday I went to merry hill.....our big massive shopping center and they had everything from motcontrol helicopters to shose ...loads of stuff and I mean loads of stuff

I saw the anime section and left it because I get my anime from up1

Anyways I looked all around and I went in to this place called mitman or something and they had loads of fun stuff in it and I was about to buy a motecontrol helicopter but then I thought

What am I going to do with this, I don't want it.

I don't know if it was boredom or I knew that I wouldn't be needed it but I just knew I wasn't going to use it ......so I put it back.

And when I got back home all I could think about how boring it all was at merry hill and went back to watching kokoro connect.

Has anyone lately thought how boring everything is lately.....besides anime

Also it doesn't feel like Christmas this year I feel Christmas has lost it's spirit or something

animefreak17 said:
Has anyone lately thought how boring everything is lately.....besides anime
I wouldn't say everything is boring, but I certainly don't have the motivation to do much lately - especially watching animoo. I spend too much time thinking about what I'm going to do rather than doing it.
It may possibly have something to do with coming home from work absolutely exhausted every day, who knows.

animefreak17 said:
Also it doesn't feel like Christmas this year I feel Christmas has lost it's spirit or something
I think it's called getting old AF. I'm already at that point where Christmas does nothing for me at all. Unless you're a kid, have kids of your own, or are the type who really gets into the christmas spirit, it's just another bank holiday and a free day off.

Yeah I get what you mean. It's definitely not felt like xmas this year. We usually get a brief glimpse of snow beginning of December and an abundance of xmas songs. I've heard one xmas song yesterday and today and thats it. It has lifted my xmas spirit though. I'm still looking forward to tomorrow but I'm not excitable like I was last year.

As for life being boring, I'm like that Mon - Thurs each week cause of work. I know it should be wake up, work, eat, shower, an hour of tv then bed as those that live solely for events on the weekend are wasting life so I'm going to try next year to enjoy all my days even though 70% of Mon-Thurs is at work. As for the not buying something, maybe you are just "growing up". Anime tends to be the only thing I get because I want it. For the most part I buy what I need now.

i know what you mean, everything is so mainstream now in the shops.

top 20 films in supermarket. nothing interesting.
top 20 games in 'game' shops, no wide selection like their used to be unless you look in the overpriced dog eared second hand section.
top sellers and celebrity cash in books in 'book shops' no cool animation books, and on the rare chance they have one as its related to a top film they are always damaged beyond belief.

so online really is the only option.

Life is great. Christmas is here. Who cares if shops don't stock the things that I like? After working in retail management it's easy to understand why shops don't give shelf space to niche or less popular things because it will cost them money eventually. Everything I want to buy is still readily available online so it's not all bad!

Christmas spirit is fine imo. I'm excited as **** for tomorrow. Can't wait to be with all my family and watch my nieces and nephews open their presents. I'm not expecting any presents, it's all about family for me and has been for a few years now, especially since I moved out and don't see them as much as I used to.

Had my Works Christmas meal last night and was great having it so close to Christmas. Working until 1pm today so not long left!

I've been working flat out for the last few months so it doesn't feel Christmassy at all - I haven't even been out shopping (thanks, Amazon!).

Having said that, I don't actually care about the celebration much and don't do anything for it since I'm not Christian, but I'm getting to see my youngest brother on Boxing Day and I'm really looking forward to his cute rudeness when he opens his presents and getting to play Mario Kart with him afterwards. It's also just nice to have some time off work at last (I'm on call but not in the office). I need it.

R

I am jealous of your happiness britguy :( lol.

I'd love to find a job I'd actually enjoy that pays what I get here. I need to feel happy in a job. I'm not miserable here but I always feel like I have to watch my back as the Manager gets a bunch of people to watch out for a bunch of people *sigh*

-Danielle- said:
I am jealous of your happiness britguy :( lol.

I'd love to find a job I'd actually enjoy that pays what I get here. I need to feel happy in a job. I'm not miserable here but I always feel like I have to watch my back as the Manager gets a bunch of people to watch out for a bunch of people *sigh*

Yes, enjoying your job is very important. I was at the end of my tether about 18 months ago, on the verge of leaving my job as I hated it and dreaded waking up each morning to go in to work and at the same time I was in a relationship that wasnt going anywhere. Fortunately a good opportunity came along at my current workplace and they wanted me for it, more money, better prospects, nicer team to work with! Decided to cast aside the old job and the girlfriend and start anew and try to live with a positive outlook.

Even though i'm still single atm at the end of the day I can't really complain. I have my health (barring the wisdom teeth), a loving family with three beautiful nieces and a nephew, a couple of very good friends and a job that pays me enough to pay my bills, pay my rent, buy the things I like (within my monthly budget) and save. I try not to sweat the little things anymore (such as say shops not selling things I like, anime releases having the odd glitch :p )

FIngers crossed the new year brings you new opportunities :)

Rui said:
I don't actually care about the celebration much and don't do anything for it since I'm not Christian
Nor am I but nor is the festival, if we're honest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Invict ... nd_Judaism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C5%8Ddraniht

The common theme tends to be feasting and drinking and it's likely all of these festivals stemmed from celebration of the winter solstice, which as an observable natural occurrence no-one really needs to believe anything supernatural to enjoy. I just like coloured lights and fires when it's dark and cold and music and alcohol and good food. It would be nicer if we had snow (but then I'd always choose snow over rain any day and really don't think much of our climate).

ayase said:
The common theme tends to be feasting and drinking and it's likely all of these festivals stemmed from celebration of the winter solstice, which as an observable natural occurrence no-one really needs to believe anything supernatural to enjoy. I just like coloured lights and fires when it's dark and cold and music and alcohol and good food. It would be nicer if we had snow (but then I'd always choose snow over rain any day and really don't think much of our climate).

I don't drink and I'm not that fond of most people, so I'm still going to treat it like an ordinary day until my promised Mario Kart tournament :D

Still, like you say there are good aspects to be found. I don't celebrate Diwali either but the festivities in my area were nothing short of spectacular this year - Christmas is much more low key in comparison but if we had that much excitement in the streets I'd probably be swept away by it too. It's also just nice to see the majority of people happy for once; even the stressed customers I have to deal with on call tend to be more reasonable than usual at this time of year.

R

Christmas for me is about family. I'm back at my parents' for 2 weeks as work have allowed me to transfer to another store over the holidays. I'm not religious in the slightest, but it's nice to have something to look forward to in the middle of winter.

Maybe I am grown up which is sad because I don't feel like growing up but at the same time I know what I want but know what I don't need.

With anything to do with my hobby of anime......I'm over the moon I couldn't be happier and anything nerdy on youtube and threads and debates and such......

I just feel I'm in a place where I belong I feel at peace I feel happy....To some people that would be sad but who cares what others think......I found what I like and know that nothing else matters....

Sure there might be sights and other stuff out there but it's not for me ..........I love to do what I like to do now and that is doing nerdy stuff

Watching anime
Watching YouTube videos
Playing yugioh
Watching movies
Looking up information
Collecting anime stuff

This is me and I like it and I wouldn't change it cause I'm happy with what I got............

I'm happy

Back