Iron Man 2

Tell me about it!! :lol:

She's the chalk to my cheese when it come to tatses in music, movies and anime (actually she dislikes anime all together). TT_TT

Saw it last night and i was rather disappointed :(
I was so hyped up for it, just wasn't the direction I wanted the sequel to go. It definitely had it's moments and some awesome fight scenes but the film over used and under used some key characters, i was just left feeling it was a bit of a mash up, definitely prefer the first one. Saying that I went with 5 people and they all loved it, so maybe it's just me being picky.
Hope you enjoy it guys

Sparrow, just read that review and I completely forgot Sam Rockwell was in the film. I knew him as Hammer, obviously, but didn't put two-and-two together. He was so far from The Guy In Moon I didn't connect them. lol. My bad.

I have come to the conclusion over much agonising that Iron Man is the better film, but Iron Man 2 is more enjoyable, that is however, not to say that Iron Man 2 is not a great film too, or that Iron Man is not enjoyable.

In plain english for people who don't get my scatter-brained logic. I think Iron Man is generally more coherent and has a much more logical plot and tighter pacing, but Iron Man 2 was more "fun" and had a bigger cast with a lot of great actors. However, Iron Man 2 IMO was still a good film, I think the plots tied together well and it had a lot of great moments.

I feel I have to say I think IM2 is still a legitimately good movie because I do like, and sometimes love, some movies that are clearly not cinematic masterpieces, but I still love them to bits. Transformers 2 for example. I know lots of people think it's a travesty and I wouldn't dare say it's a movie that is particularly "good" in the critical sense, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

Tl;dr version: Iron Man 1 is a good film, Iron Man 2 is better entertainment

Iron Man 1 was an film unto itself. Iron Man 2 is apart of the Marvel Film Universe. One needs a film to be complete, the other needs everything to be complete.

Swapped the music in this clip with the music from the first film. I think it works a lot better/ is more awesome

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKhZ4CNrrjI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKhZ4CNrrjI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

mangaman74 said:
Saw Iron Man 2 yesterday. I would say that the first film is better.

Having rewatched the first yesterday I think I'll agree, but I still think 2 is a good movie. It's not the fall in quality between X-men 2 and 3 or Spider-man 2 and 3 or Blade 2 and 3 or (you get where I'm going with this)

hmmmmm anyone else notice the part with pepper throwing the helmet outta the plane on the trailers wasn't in ;)

also that trailer for thor looks terrible :D

Yeah, I figured its a different version of the first scene. This way I guess it doesn't make the audience think they are together straight off, cos that doesn't happen till the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back