Invalid Security Certificate! Connection Not Secure

Just Passing Through

The Wildcard
Your connection is not secure

The owner of animeuknews.net has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

animeuknews.net uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
*.github.com, github.com, *.github.io, github.io

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

I guess someone forgot to flick a switch.

It's just static HTML on GitHub Pages, so they should hopefully deal with it. I'll see if there's anything I can shove along, although I'm away from my PC until Wednesday so it may take a while.

Why does this website need security certificates anyway? Has anybody won anything?

They may as well pursue a roundel, or a little trophy topped by a brass statuette of a golfer.

Chrome gives the following information:
This server could not prove that it is animeuknews.net; its security certificate is from *.github.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

So, this is an known issue with GitHub Pages, and unfortunately something we can't easily solve on our end – I don't know why GitHub Pages is exposing the domain over HTTPS at all, to be honest.

I'll see what can be done, but the problem will hopefully be entirely bypassed in the near future anyway. :)

Back