Inuyasha DVD publisher and connections with ITV

Turtleheart said:
Uixka said:
THey better have English language on the DVD as well as japanese, or i will cry :evil:
They better have Japanese as well as English, or I will personally come around to their offices and garrotte the whole lot of them. :evil: :evil: :evil:

If it is shown on TV, it will most definitely be on ITV 4 (their channel for "cult action entertainment") and this makes a Saturday morning slot impossible as the channel doesn't start until 6 PM. It will be dubbed, unquestionably, but weather it is edited or not depends on time slot. I can imagine them either showing the edited version at 6 PM, in order to attract a younger audience, or the unedited version at around midnight or later (in order to discourage a younger audience and the complaining parents that would accompany it).

well consideing on play it says the audio is japanese (dont say english tho its a given really) so im petter sure it will be audios.

and i think it will be edited for th TV as the US on is edited for TV and we will most likey get the same as them.

valha said:
Turtleheart said:
Uixka said:
THey better have English language on the DVD as well as japanese, or i will cry :evil:
They better have Japanese as well as English, or I will personally come around to their offices and garrotte the whole lot of them. :evil: :evil: :evil:

If it is shown on TV, it will most definitely be on ITV 4 (their channel for "cult action entertainment") and this makes a Saturday morning slot impossible as the channel doesn't start until 6 PM. It will be dubbed, unquestionably, but weather it is edited or not depends on time slot. I can imagine them either showing the edited version at 6 PM, in order to attract a younger audience, or the unedited version at around midnight or later (in order to discourage a younger audience and the complaining parents that would accompany it).

well consideing on play it says the audio is japanese (dont say english tho its a given really) so im petter sure it will be audios.

and i think it will be edited for th TV as the US on is edited for TV and we will most likey get the same as them.

Meh, tbh i'm pretty certain they'll be releasing it in english as well... if they want to get an audience interested, they will have to release it in english, seeing as we live in an ENGLISH speaking country.. Play's details are still very subtle.. so we need to wait untill closer to the release date for the correct details to be confirmed..

Gawyn said:
Inu Yasha is a children's/young person's show whereas ITV4 is based around a more adult demographic (as I understand it). I couldn't really see Inu Yasha sitting alongside the other shows on ITV4 but I could see it on CITV or ITV1 or 2.
From what I can gather it was originally aimed primarily at a young teenage audience, but in America it is only shown between 11PM and 2AM and I can understand why - if something is animated and it's not South Park or The Simpsons or some avant-garde Phil Mulloy-type, then people will automatically presume that it's perfect for sitting under-10s in front of and will complain at any sight of blood or intimacy.

Teenagers classify in the young person category in my book. My point was that ITV4 is not aimed at that demographic and is not the place where such a show should be aired.

Back