Initial D - Third Stage - Movie

McIcy

Mushi-shi
As the title suggests this is basically a movie instead of a third series but it packs a huge amount in.

Takumi gets to really show what his new engine can do on some new down hill courses as he takes on the Emperors No.1 driver in there first race and also has to take on the son of his fathers old racing rival on the same downhill course.

Also charasmatic racer Ryousuke Takahashi (Takumi broke his winning streak at the end of stage one) returns to invite Takumi yo join his ultimate racing team with the challenge of beating every racing team they come accross.

The final storyline is about Takumi and his (kinda ex-girlfriend) friend Mogi when he finds out she's now working in a burger bar for a living rather than her old money making ways, in an effort to win back Takumi's heart.

So much in one movie and it works, it doesn't feel rushed or over full its perfectly balanced, I just wish it had been a full series rather than a movie but I still have 2 more dvd's to watch 'Battle Stage' and 'Extra Stage' OVA's will review them later as well as Stage Four when it arrives (that will be a long night as I think its back to 26 episodes :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers dude, still not sure how half the buttons work, will aim to improve and try not to blow up the forum as I experiment whahahaha

sure ok, scuse me while i make a topic for ever single gundam series there is, lets see how long it takes for the forum to fill up lool

I've seen a fair bit of Initial D(my friend makes me watch it with him) and from what i've seen it's comparable to shows like Dragonball Z.

"I fight you!" "You fight me?" *fight* *train up* "we fight again!!" *fight*

Except like this...

"I race you!" "You race me?" *race* *train up* "we race again!!" *race*

As well as the animation being overall poor and the character designs being some of the more hideous i've seen in an anime it's one of the most boring things I have to sit through.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I've seen a fair bit of Initial D(my friend makes me watch it with him) and from what i've seen it's comparable to shows like Dragonball Z.

"I fight you!" "You fight me?" *fight* *train up* "we fight again!!" *fight*

Except like this...

"I race you!" "You race me?" *race* *train up* "we race again!!" *race*

As well as the animation being overall poor and the character designs being some of the more hideous i've seen in an anime it's one of the most boring things I have to sit through.

Not quite, the training doesn't happen alot as thats what the main character has been doing driving the same road since he was 13. Although yes it is race after race with minor story in between, but lets face it thats what a lot series are when you boil them down, look at thinks like Naruto (minor comedy episodes to break it up sure but the majority is Naruto loses-retrains-wins-next episode-repeat)

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Yes you're right! Naruto is just as bad.... Bleach too.

Shut It.... Bleach is amazing (alhough I have to admit can't wait for fillers to end and the next series to begin)

Back