impact of nex gen consoles within the UK

heya, I used to do my reading and research a lot when the nex gen consoles were very young and probably not even in existance, and always thought to myself... yeaah PS3 all the way there aint nothin better aha yhh as you can tell im quite the SONY fan... but I cant help thinking that ever since the PS3 hit the UK its not made a hugley effective impact, I think its bcoz the price is hella expensive, and I keep seeing good Xbox360 games these days, but then again it can be argued that the 360 has been around for much longer, and Microsoft are getting their hands on more and more games which were once exclusive for the Sony Playstation!! I think Xbox360 is making the better impact, I dont know about the Wii.... its very good in price, and most of my mates have one, but..... its got kiddy games, which is cool I suppose... Im waiting for Super Smash Brawl, but Im not even sure if the Wii has had any PROPER good games apart from Zelda since its release... I only hear hype about the Xbox360...

Am I wrong in saying that the 360 is making the most impact? what are your views ppl! lol

360 has been out the longest, so it's bound to make the most impact, Wii had an epic start, though it's starting to fail now [because Nintendo are ******* idiots who push games back until Christmas. </3>>>>PS3>>>>Wii.

Though the Wii has the most consoles sold. >_>

The Wii has probably had the most impact, as it's broadened the market, but it doesn't have a large catologue. The 360 is doing fine and has a year's worth advantage of games. The PS3 has a small catologue (with very few upcoming games that warrant the £425 purchase) and hasn't sold well, probably because of the price. It's no secret.

yea xbox 360 is what everyone is after over here and the wii.
But the lack of games and the price has put everyone of completly i mean even the ps2 is selling better than the ps3.
Wii doesn't have so much as kiddy games rather family orientated of course i heard resident evil 4 is good for the wii 8)

I actually played on a ps3 at work yesterday(i work so amazingly hard)amazing graphics bit more chunkier than the ps2 but the price tag...

yeaah, the price tag is jus crazyyy man! but then again, with the Xbox 360 I heard that you need to connect all sorts of hardwares to it lyk the HD DVD component or sumthin lyk that etc etc where as PS3s got the whole package Blu Ray CEll blabla in that black thingy-ma-bob box lolzz ohh but I have noticed that the Xbox 360 is LOUDDDDD and the PS3 is really SILENT its actually quite disturbing how loud 1 console is and how silent the other is, and speaking of the Wii, yeahh it had a kick ass lauch... but then its lacking games as you've all mentioned, I think its worth the buy I mean... its the price of the PSP right? and its your very own Nex Gen home Console so yeah! lolzz

the 360 and Wii as said are having a bigger impact here, mainly because the 360 has been out longer and the Wii had a great launch. The wii has fallen back a bit recently but no doubt it will go back up again at the end of the year. PS3 was expected to have a low impact, mainly cause of the insane price tag on it, and then when they finally decide to lower the price, its only in the US. I still prefer the 360 over the Wii at the moment, only cause i have only a couple of games for it.

Arbalest said:
the 360 and Wii as said are having a bigger impact here, mainly because the 360 has been out longer and the Wii had a great launch. The wii has fallen back a bit recently but no doubt it will go back up again at the end of the year. PS3 was expected to have a low impact, mainly cause of the insane price tag on it, and then when they finally decide to lower the price, its only in the US. I still prefer the 360 over the Wii at the moment, only cause i have only a couple of games for it.

Yeah by the end of the year were gonna see some great Wii games, not just from NINTENDO either.Including what looks to be a great game, Zack and Wiki.
Lets just hope the momentum keeps going, which Im pretty sure it will.
Also loads of great 360 games I wanna play.

I'm still waiting to for decent games for the PS3, until then I am keeping with my PC which I love more at the moment with games like Starcraft 2, Call of Duty 4 and Far Cry 2 due out for it

chaos-unleashed said:
yeaah, the price tag is jus crazyyy man! but then again, with the Xbox 360 I heard that you need to connect all sorts of hardwares to it lyk the HD DVD component or sumthin lyk that etc etc where as PS3s got the whole package Blu Ray CEll blabla in that black thingy-ma-bob box lolzz

Microsoft give people who have no interest in or money for HD the choice =P

McIcy said:
I'm still waiting to for decent games for the PS3, until then I am keeping with my PC which I love more at the moment with games like Starcraft 2, Call of Duty 4 and Far Cry 2 due out for it

Hmm, why didn't you mentioned anything about Crysis?

I think its going to be a pretty interesting console war this generation actually, all three of the consoles have brought something new to bear. The Wii is appealing to the non-gamer market, with really intuitive pick up and play games, the 360 is funnily enough taking the PS2's route of churning out game after game, taking the real middle of the road tactic. The PS3 meanwhile is sitting quietly in the background with its supposed 10 year support plan, focusing on the hardcore audience with its big titles, free online and "media station"

At the moment i'd say its a real draw between 360 and Wii, because of the price of the 360 and fun factor of the Wii (and because you can afford both for the price of the PS3 hehe)

Each console can fail pretty easily, the Wii could just become boring and alienate the actual gamer audience with its focus on pick up and play, the 360 looks strong, but because its gone for the graphical route it'll become threatened as more and more PS3 titles come out trouncing it in terms of scale and graphics. And of course the PS3 has its huge price and lack of titles in the way, having all that power is useless if theres no developer willing to make games for it or customer willing to pay.

Phew, fun times!

Matt-kun said:
McIcy said:

Hmm, why didn't you mentioned anything about Crysis?

Funny you should say that I only just saw the trailer for it yesterday and it blew me away so yes this is now added to my wish list as I really need some games to test out my pc's power

Lupus Inu said:

Huh? Actually the Xbox 360 still remains to have sold the most. The Wii did launch well but they didn't meet demand, so sales weren't as high as they should have been.

Lupus Inu said:
Wii had an epic start, though it's starting to fail now

Constantly sold out across every region in the world and soon to overtake the 360 (despite its year long head start) in sales, what?

Nintendo's release strategy seems to be making them many many millions, just because you have to wait for the games by no way means the will is starting to fail.

Zen 2nd said:
Lupus Inu said:

Huh? Actually the Xbox 360 still remains to have sold the most. The Wii did launch well but they didn't meet demand, so sales weren't as high as they should have been.

No they didn't meet demand, but they sold every single console they could possibly manufacture.

To me, that is as high that the sales should be. =)

Dani said:
Zen 2nd said:
Lupus Inu said:

No they didn't meet demand, but they sold every single console they could possibly manufacture.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=212

Hehe i know it covers the PS3 but its the same principle :D

Liquid Skin said:
Dani said:
Zen 2nd said:
Lupus Inu said:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=212

Hehe i know it covers the PS3 but its the same principle :D

That just made me LOLed

But the sad fact about it, its ******* true XD

Back