im so embarrased!

fatandy

Brigade Leader
Ok i love anime..i love drawing it.. i've seen a few films and series and stuff but.. i still know very little. WHAT SHOULD I WATCH!! i like Gore/fighting, what is most recomended?

I think Samurai Champloo is a good new series for fighting/gore.

If you like something a bit more serious, then Jin-Roh and Ghost in the Shell are films a lot like Akira in tone.

Get those DVD boxsets from the Works, you'll get a good 20 DVDs worth of stuff for £30 and find out what styles you prefer. Then you'll be able to say "I like X and Y, can you recommend anything similar?"

Berserk, Berserk and Berserk, with a further glass of Berserk to wash it all down...

The series isn't that expensive; boxsets can be purchased from about the price of a thinpack, and I can't say I've met anyone who has seen Berserk and not treasured it. It'll have all the gore and the action you desire, but served distinctly with highly developed characters and a rollickingly and emotionally tight plot. Then, let us not forget the similarly wondrous manga that continues the storyline after the final blow of the animated adapation has been struck. Berserk should have everything you desire, and more. ;)

*removes Griffith fanboy hat*

Chomolungma said:
and I can't say I've met anyone who has seen Berserk and not treasured it.

*Raise the hand* :oops:

Really I watched berserk anime, read the manga and still I don't like it...

However if someone likes battle and gore as anime there is a chance that he like...

I personally reccomend the old series Hokuto no Ken...

I am going to second the Berserk recommendation, its cheap to import as a whole and is a great anime. I'm not normally one for the type of show but Berserk is one of the few exceptions to that rule, showing just how fantastic it is. Great characters, Great Story, and lots of the "Gore/Fighting" you like :p .

Vash said:
I'll tell now the best one to go for (and ironicly i'am listening to the theme) Hellsing.
Yea i realy like Hellsing! its major coolio! just wonding if theres more like that? Also any good comics like hellsing?

Well, there are the Hellsing manga books, o'course (So so SO much better than the series ;) ).

Ninja Scroll (the movie, I haven't seen the series) has gore by the bucketload. I wasn't hugely impressed by it but that's just because I'm picky :)

Again, I jump on the Berserk fanwagon. So great, in either book or TV version.

I would also recommend Berserk as it is not only does it have everything you want but its also one of the greatest anime series of all time. I would also recommend FOTNS, Gantz and Elfen Lied for gore/fighting

Back