I'm looking for a nice new anime, well to me..

KmezzLIGHTNING

Completely Average High School Student
I just want a peaceful anime like chobits or yakitate. I've seen cowboey beebop rurouni kenshin trigun full metal panic/alchemist, elfen lied, evangelion FLCL. but thats just about every anime i know. Just something where its like realistic, like not giant robot sword battles or anything :?

I'd go for Haibane Renmei, one of the best series I have seen. Excellent from start to finish. Don't be put off by the synopsis' some sites and reviewers give it, not one i've read does the series any justice. It's a series you just have to watch.

You could also give Please Twins or Please Teacher a go. I've seen them both and found them enjoyable.

Unfortuanetly, on my file sharing program, i looked for please twins/please teacher, and all i got was pron.. and haibane renmei i could only get the soundtracks :( do u know a place where I'd be able to download either at successfully?

Haibane is out on DVD, as is Fruits Basket, another really gentle but compelling drama sort of series.

For file sharing, Kashimashi is a sweet and funny sort of romantic comedy with the added complication of the boy being turned into a girl by aliens in the first episode...other than that I mostly watch DVD stuff.

I can send you a PM if you are after file sharing stuff though - the site might get into legal hassle if any of us post it openly!

To the OP:

Dump whatever filesharing app you are using. BitTorrent is what is used for anime distribution. utorrent is an easy to use client. A google search will turn up many torrent indexing sites for anime.

I'm just getting into fansubbing and watching some obscure stuff, and Karin is cool, as it the infinately weird Kasimasi. Both reasonably calm, but completely bonkers in the Chobits way.

(i've only got the first dvd of chobits, but one of the funniest moments ever was when Chi was walking around repeatedly saying 'underpants' :p

Maria-sama Ga Miteru is a shojo-ai
Whats a shojo-ai?
oh, and manji, I already use bit azerus, and it was only good for 2 downloads, trigun and yakitte, and i tried a few others and they all just went at like 1 kb a second. (i just upgraded to a cable modem 2 months ago so i was a little disapointed in that) But I'll deffinately give utorrent a chance, thanks

On the fansub side, I'm currently enjoying 'Zipang'. It's a sort of a historically based drama where a modern day Aegis cruiser somehow gets transported to WWII, just before the battle of Midway. It takes a few episodes to really get going, but it's interesting, especially the moral dilemas that crop up amongst the crew, since a warship 60 years out of place could very easily change the nature and direction of the entire war.

Kmezz:

Do some more research with BitTorrent. You may need to configure your firewall correctly (which is why I like utorrent: single listen port). Just like I said: get rid of any idea of using anything other than BitTorrent for getting fansubs.

Recommendations: Well other people have mentioned some of the nicer slice-of-life anime out there. Her are some more:
- To Heart (original series)
- Da Capo (original series)
- Kamichu!
- Windy Tales (already mentioned)

Theres also the legion of really good sports anime:
- Hikaru no Go
- Slam Dunk
- Hajime no Ippo
- Touch
- Prince of Tennis

I started watching Fruits basket, i think its great! it actually made me laugh out loud at times by myself, which is usually a hard thing to do i think. the cat and pig are the best

subedii said:
^I don't get Kamichu. I've seen the first three episodes and it just seems random. Not Excel Saga style random, just... random.

Its slice of life anime. Think To Heart with a goddess. Certainly Moe anime tends to have few fans in the west, but Kamichu is ace.

Back