ikki tousen

JAKEMAN

Stand User
ikki tousen (battle vixens in the manga) even though it is a bit on the hentai sid, i think the story to it is good. my friend has used the opening song from it for his photography work and the song works well with the pictures he has taken

Well i've just started on this series (manga) and must say i'm impressed. It's a very simple story but shot through with plenty of panache and some bone-crunching action. The typical highschooler character designs have been given more than enough unique twists and the overlying concept of battling students possessed by ancient chinese spirits is a great one. I eagerly await the next volume from UP and thanks to Minx for the recommendation.

Paranoia Agent said:
Well i've just started on this series (manga) and must say i'm impressed. It's a very simple story but shot through with plenty of panache and some bone-crunching action. The typical highschooler character designs have been given more than enough unique twists and the overlying concept of battling students possessed by ancient chinese spirits is a great one. I eagerly await the next volume from UP and thanks to Minx for the recommendation.

Pleasure !

Personally I really love both the manga and anime version of this. For the same reasons as Paranoia. Just very enjoyable throughout , and while the plot is fairly simple , the rather interesting charecters make up for that easily.

iv been quite interested in Ikkitousen for some time now (even though, it may be really perverted.)

it reminds me of Tenjho Tenge (which i liked) so, will most probably pick this up, when it reacher here. (licensed by MVM)

I still think it would have been cooler if they used the basic premise, Ancient warrior re-incarnated as street fighters, to make a more serious show without the cheap fanservice

saw this serie in fansub and like it alot cant wait to get the r2 dvds. there is alot of fanserive but it also has a great story too.

i think i may end up getting the R1 version of this.
even though i dont mind the fan service ( >_> <_< ^_^ LOL!)
i cant be arsed to wait till september to get the uk version (i e-mailed MVM, asking for a release date and the said september 5th or something)

also im goan get the artbox version as well..... since its VERY limited Edition i doubt ill be able to get it.

but the LE verison is so cool, you get a very cool artbox, a sports towel with some of the femal characters in their swimsuits fighting, a very revealing Pencil board and an earing, bead like thingie of what they have in the show.

ill post a pic of what it looks like. i found it during a search for more info on the dvd's.

Although its common practice, I still wonder how they managed to squeeze 8 volumes of the manga and counting, into a 13-episode series. Shouldn't it at least have been a 26 er?

Ninja Boy! said:
i think i may end up getting the R1 version of this.
even though i dont mind the fan service ( >_> <_< ^_^ LOL!)
i cant be arsed to wait till september to get the uk version (i e-mailed MVM, asking for a release date and the said september 5th or something)

also im goan get the artbox version as well..... since its VERY limited Edition i doubt ill be able to get it.

but the LE verison is so cool, you get a very cool artbox, a sports towel with some of the femal characters in their swimsuits fighting, a very revealing Pencil board and an earing, bead like thingie of what they have in the show.

ill post a pic of what it looks like. i found it during a search for more info on the dvd's.

Think you may well be hard pushed to find this, seems to be out a of print everywhere and Geneon are releasing a box-set collection soon

Animated FatCat said:
Although its common practice, I still wonder how they managed to squeeze 8 volumes of the manga and counting, into a 13-episode series. Shouldn't it at least have been a 26 er?

The anime and manga pretty much tell two completely different stories . And theres certainly little differences in the few points that the plots are similar.

i know i heard about the box collection, but there on amazon.com they have some instock, so ill probably order it next week. and if i do get the wrong item, then ill just return it!

and get revenge

I totally agree with Minx here...
Both Ikki and B.V were great. But the manga is far more intresting, as there is more action, more humour and (for you perverts out there) there's some 'customer service' for ya (Though I wouldn't exactly call it Hentai...).

I like Ikki Tousen's storyline (even if I like the manga more), as it is reasonably easy to understand, and still nice to watch in colour :p

I say go for both. But If you like the better storyline, choose B.Vixens.

Chaz said:
(Though I wouldn't exactly call it Hentai...).

I think what he meant by "it is a bit on the hentai side" is the anime has more sex scenes than your average anime. They just aren't detailed in the slightest , or very long.

You only have to look at the Vol.1 manga sidestory, right at the end theres about 3-4 slides of oral shenanigans, but nothing explicit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mangaminx said:
Chaz said:
(Though I wouldn't exactly call it Hentai...).

I think what he meant by "it is a bit on the hentai side" is the anime has more sex scenes than your average anime. They just aren't detailed in the slightest , or very long.

Well... Yer it is a lil' sex related, but that's to attract the male populous.
But you dont see everyones' "lowerds" in any of the scenes...
So technically... It aint Hentai, right?
(At most, soft-core Hentai)

i hate to admit it but i downloaded the fansub vers of Ikktousen, cos i was considering getting it on dvd, but thatnk god i watched it on fansub cos boy...... it would have wasted my money.

and chaz, i think your right, i wouldnt call it hentai either but its trying to show its sexual nature, like a bit of Tenjho Tenge (manga)
also considering that TT came months before ikkitousen.

Back