ICO to be re-released

it didn't start off to well in selling..but from what i heard..it did ok...as for the Platinum part..the amount of copies to be sold? i dunno...not off the top of my head anyway

3nvy said:
well SotC isnt a sequal of any kind to ico so play them in any order.

GAME (the store) seem to think differently, when I asked about the re-release of ICO at one of their stores, they had SotC listed as ICO 2: SotC, plus they could not find the ICO re-release on their game release schedule

GrantM said:
And on the same day as Shadow Of The Colossus...

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/pro ... f=HOMEPAGE

One thing though, why is it Platinum?, I didn't think it sold that well at all, and a PS2 game has to sell a certain number of copies in order to go Platinum right?
In the PS1 generation, as interest in the console died out, the platinum / greatest hits ranges were opened up to allow the re-release of any title that third party devs felt was deserving of a second chance. A prime example would be Final Fantasy Tactics in the US: released just after FF7, FFT was shunned by most games players and it never achieved sufficient sales to be made a Greatest Hits title. However, a few years back, Square were allowed to re-issue it under the Greatest Hits label as demand for a reissue became high, due to the increasing popularity of Square games, and the regular cries of "this game has been overlooked" from the Gaming Press. Exactly the same is true of Ico, a game which has regularly appeared in lists of overlooked games, and has the benefit of being related to a widely publicised and championed demi-sequel. The fact that Ico didn't sell is now less of an issue than the fact that it is likely to sell far better this time around.

I have to say i am very pleased by the fact that the game is being re-released for the public and possible a new/all grown up audience because Ico is an exceptional game!

I really want to pick the game up because i never had the money first time round but luckily i do now! However i really think i might folk out for the limited Edition versions on ebay, it might set me back anything up to £60 but its a bit of gaming history and we dont often get many Special Edition/Limited edition versions of games so its a special occasion!

GrantM said:
3nvy said:
well SotC isnt a sequal of any kind to ico so play them in any order.

GAME (the store) seem to think differently, when I asked about the re-release of ICO at one of their stores, they had SotC listed as ICO 2: SotC, plus they could not find the ICO re-release on their game release schedule

yeah ive seen it around a few times where theyve said it is ico 2 but from what i've heard the only relation ico has with SotC is that its from the same designers

Back