ICE OAV to receive UK DVD release

kamina888

Completely Average High School Student
Release date: 24/10/11

From the UK website:

'It is the Apocalypse. A drastic change in the environment causes every male on the face of earth to die out by 2012. Most of the remaining women perish after fighting in a world war over their territories. 20,000 survivors huddle together in the Shinjuku area,which has become an ocean of trees. Within this small, all-female world, humankind divides into two groups: One which accepts its fate to perish and chooses to give their lives to pleasure. Whilst the other group strives to save the future through the power of science. It's the beginning of an intense battle between these two forces over 'ICE', which is said to be the last hope for mankind.'

Plot sounds interesting, though it was created by the producer of idol group AKB48, and features some of them in the VA cast. Probably worth a rental.

http://www.cinedumonde.co.uk/ice-anime.html

I... dont like the graphics when it tries to use £D scenery and such. I'm also a lil' sceptic on why each character has one concept of themselves being reused in different scenes... Is it because they haven't completed the animation yet or are they just keeping as much secret as possible; or even that they dont have a huge budget? I'm just not sure.

If there's more to this than the teaser is showing, I may give another glance to it. But as it is, it's not very persuasive. (Although I am impressed with the character designs.)

I'll buy just to support shows with an interesting sci-fi premise. I don't even care if it's bad. At least it's not a fighting show or a harem comedy. And shows with no male characters >>>>> shows with one male character.

The fact that they are brave (or foolish) enough to actually advertise it as "FROM THE CREATOR OF MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM ZZ" just seals the deal. I don't quite know it what way it can claim that title, but nor do I really care.

memorium said:
Too much badCGI...
Fixed.

Personally, I felt the artistic style for the characters completely clashed with the over-use of CGI. At first I thought it was going for an old-school look...then I saw the aforementioned CGI. Also, reading the plot synopsis, when I read that all men had died out, how did I know one side would choose pleasure?...Oh wait, it's Japan.

Also, I don't mean to sound sexist...but boy, a world without men? Luckily I'd be extinct if it was ever a reality xD

Joshawott said:
Also, I don't mean to sound sexist...but boy, a world without men?
It's happened before, and it was awesome.

gallforce_bg.jpg

But then it was the 80s. Everything was awesome. Except Thatcher.

Back