I need A great Manga

Pomtry

Combat Butler
Hello All I have just bought my 400+ Manga and now im kinda stuck on what to get i pretty much have most of the usual manga such as naruto, One piece, Negima and many more but what im looking for is a manga that will blow my mind or that will at least keep me quiet for a little while :D I dont really care how many volumes it has but i do prefer a long manga.

List of Manga: Just so i dont have to keep saying oh Ive got that already

Ranma 1/2
Midori Days
Read or Dream
Negima
Air Gear
Trigun Max
Gunsmith Cats Revised Edition
Full Metal panic
Chrono Crusade
Peacemaker
Najica
Rurouni Kenshin
Naruto
Eyeshield 21
One piece
Black Cat
Great Teacher Onizuka
Ai Yori Aoshi
Battle Royale
Love Hina
Battle vixens
D.N. Angel
Girl Got Game
Hyper Police
Girls Bravo
Arm of Kannon
Blazin Barrels
Chobits
A.I. Love you
Dears
Tokyo Mew Mew
Kami Kaze
Real Bout High school
My-Hime
Battle Club
Warriors of Tao
Dead End
Rose Hip Zero
Princess Ai
Gundam Seed Destiny
Onegai Teacher

Start on seinen manga.

I.e just buy anything that Dark Horse publish.

It's a great time to start now as well - Gantz is coming out in the Summer, Blood+ is starting round about now, and there is a huge selection of titles in their backlog too.

Eden, Oh my Goddess, Blade of the Immortal, Berserk and MORE!

I'm seriously going to blab about Dark Horse everywhere I possibly can now. They're just so awesome.

"Different" manga that aren't on your list:

Yotsuba& (and Azumanga Daioh if you haven't read it.)
Yakitate Japan (It's a wacky comedy about baking tournaments... what more can I say?)
BECK (One of my favourites - about a rock band. Has an amazing sense of cool about it, and is very addictive.)

Someone will recommend Genshiken eventually - it's a great series, but is quite obscure. Go for it if you like the sound of it.

Ive had the Hellsing and the Death note mangas but sold them soon after reading them not my Cup of Tea :lol: But Beck Sounds like an intresting manga and im sure i will look into berserk as i really liked the manga.

Keep up the suggestions

melonpan said:
Start on seinen manga.

I.e just buy anything that Dark Horse publish.

It's a great time to start now as well - Gantz is coming out in the Summer, Blood+ is starting round about now, and there is a huge selection of titles in their backlog too.

Eden, Oh my Goddess, Blade of the Immortal, Berserk and MORE!

I'm seriously going to blab about Dark Horse everywhere I possibly can now. They're just so awesome.

Just picked up blood+ today and put in my pre-order for Gantz. I agree a lot of what Dark Horse are putting out at the moment is great and they don't cut and edit things very much or at all unlike some others, which means the horror stuff is pretty good. Some of their titles I have enjoyed are Museum Of Terror, Reiko The Zombie Shop and The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, they also do some pretty cool manhwa titles like Banya an XS Hybrid.

I haven't read the BECK manga yet, I'm planning to once Revelation finish up the anime.. Or I just buy it out of need. I third that recommendation anyway. The same goes for Berserk (I haven't even seen the anime for that) But people love it and it sounds like Dark Horse have done a fantastic release with it.

Since you have a lot off Shounen, I recommend 666 Satan otherwise known as O-Parts Hunter. Really good, You'll probably like it. You also have a lot of romance, Lovely Complex would be your best bet there. LoveCom is brilliant. =D

Dracos said:
[Dark Horse] don't cut and edit things very much or at all unlike some others

Since the 'right-to-left' revolution they have a 100% unediting policy. Only a small amount of their titles (from years gone by) are edited.

Check out Setona Mizushiro, her stuff is awesome. After School Nightmare and X-Day i'd recommend. And yeah, Case Closed or Detective Conan =3 - really good read.

Gemma1412 said:
Check out Setona Mizushiro, her stuff is awesome. After School Nightmare and X-Day i'd recommend. And yeah, Case Closed or Detective Conan =3 - really good read.

I'll second that, After School Nightmare has been excellent so far (come-ooon volume 7) not your typical shoujo by a light-year, read horror-psychology- angst-romance feast. I've been trying to track down X-Day since I checked what else the manga-ka had out in English. Not easy to find gawd dayme.

Back