I DREW A PICTURE!!!

arthur_webb

Adventurer
AnimeGirl1.jpg

What do you guys think? 8)

Very nice pic. :D Few tips:

1) The head looks thin/long. Just requires practice. All you need to do is draw a circle, and the jaw/chin would be triangular, about a third of the circle's length down.

2) The neck looks a little bulky. Girls necks are drawn quite thin in manga.

Keep it up! :)

Chaz said:
Very nice pic. :D Few tips:

1) The head looks thin/long. Just requires practice. All you need to do is draw a circle, and the jaw/chin would be triangular, about a third of the circle's length down.

Keep it up! :)

Thanks for the advice!

Chaz said:

Very nice pic ^^ I agree with what Chaz said also, try not to round of the shoulders too much =3
It's very good though Keep up the good work!

it sucs am not being mean I just hate it on forums when people say ohh it was good keep up the wok you need alot of practice ALOT! I would give it a 2/10

dox said:
it sucs am not being mean I just hate it on forums when people say ohh it was good keep up the wok you need alot of practice ALOT! I would give it a 2/10

I would like to see your work in compairson, before you make judgement on other peoples.
He has tryed to draw his first picture and it has turned out well, Yes of course he needs practise but so do all those who draw anything. You think all the manga artists that produce the comics most people here love, just put pen to paper and could draw?
No. They had to work to get better.
Telling someone they suck is a very mean thing to do, if you feel you cant say anything nice to a person who has tried hard then why bother posting. Keep yout opinons to yourself.

Hear hear.

It takes a lot of guts to post a picture for others to criticise, no matter how advanced or not you may be (I have friends who are professional illustrators...), and to post up a first picture...

It took me ages before I managed to pluck up the courage, and I was delighted by the support I found, particularly on these forums. I'm also sure that if you compare this to other first pictures, it would come out at least in the better half.

I didn't post anything before, because my criticisms are pretty much the same as Chaz's, but I do feel I have to say something now. Yes, it is pretty simplistic, but I'm sure if you looked at your first attempts (be they now or in the past), they would be no better. The picture shows good control of the pencil, the lines are sketchy but none of them are in the wrong place, and she has a life of her own that almost brings her off the page. <i>That's</i> something I still have a lot of trouble with, no matter how hard I practice with anatomy, line or colour.

I can understand why you hate it when everybody's told 'that's great', but if that's the case then do what the rest of us do. Give gentle encouragement, constructive criticism, and try and encourage artistic talent rather than just squashing it.

Anyways, I like this. I wish my first attempts had been so alive. :wink:

i remember my first picture i drew, it was nowhere near as good as this..and the thing is, the pictures to come will only get better, as i see it, you only really improve, cause you learn from everything you do. i still have problems now with trying to get my drawings to look more lively, because i have made them look flat and unlively a lot. This one looks lively and its something i find isn't always that easy to do.

So keep em coming adamcube! would be great to see your next picture :)

Thanks all of you. I'm quite busy right now, so I probably won't be drawing anything else for a little while - but thankyou for the encouragement anyway - it means alot. :D

Wow~! The eyes are so cute!

A little C+C, the mouth is a tad bit off and the head looks a bit strange as the eyes are huge (but cute~!)

But other than that, good work! ^^

good drawing Adamcube, eyes are huge but good though..still needs work but your improving which is what matters...so keep it up!

Mini-Mariah said:
Wow~! The eyes are so cute!

A little C+C, the mouth is a tad bit off and the head looks a bit strange as the eyes are huge (but cute~!)

But other than that, good work! ^^

I know the head and mouth aren't quite right, I was kinda focusing on getting the eyes right this time ^^;;;

But Arbalest and Mini-Mariah, thanks very much! Your kind words and C+Cs are greatly appreciated!

Back