I don't suppose that anyone would.... (Death Note LE)

Semajer

Brigade Leader
Would anyone be willing to sell me their copy of Death Note volume one limited edition, with the figure?

I ordered mine off of Zavvi, but they canceled the order and I have no way of getting a copy. If you don't want to sell it yet, or are waiting for a complete collection set be be released, would you please get in contact with me so that we can arrange something after (if) the complete collection comes out?

If anyone does have it but doesn't want to sell it, could you do me a favour? What is the code on the spine? Is it MANG9001 or MANG9001Z?

As far as I know all this special edition has extra is the figure and I'm sure I've seen the figures being sold seperate on ebay.

ryuzaki said:
I ordered mine off of Zavvi, but they canceled the order and I have no way of getting a copy.

Of course you do, buy it somewhere else.

It was a Zavvi exclusive and they have taken the listing down.

I was thinking about Ebay, but I don't really want to buy all the figures, I'd rather just try and find a copy of the limited edition DVD.

But like I said I don't think there's anything actually different about the limited edition DVD except that there's a figure bundled with it.

I know there isn't, but the only way for me to get the figure is to buy all of the figures off of ebay or to find a LE copy.

I'll be getting the other volumes limited editions so I would then have two of most of the figures, which I don't want or need

Semajer said:
I'll be getting the other volumes limited editions so I would then have two of most of the figures, which I don't want or need

Are you even sure Manga are releasing the other volumes in LE formats? I don't think they ever said they were ...

CitizenGeek said:
Semajer said:

Are you even sure Manga are releasing the other volumes in LE formats? I don't think they ever said they were ...

I've read that they confirmed it at the expo.

Semajer said:
CitizenGeek said:
Semajer said:

I've read that they confirmed it at the expo.

Are you sure that the info wasn't in relation to the US releases, as VIZ are releasing LEs for all R1 volumes, though its not even as if its a case of just re-releasing the same versions over here as they've used a different figure in the first volume.

As it stands I think volume one was a one off - Zavvi have already got the listing for the second one on their site but there's no indication of an LE set.

All I can suggest is you keep trawling your local Zavvi stores, they still had a stack of them in the Manchester store when I last looked so they're obviously still out there - hopefully you'll get lucky.

Uh... well here's a suggestion. Buy all the figures off of ebay then just buy the regular Death Note releases. Problem solved, you have all the figures and all the DVD's.

Semajer said:
Well I got the information from here: http://eyeonanime.co.uk/panda.php

Although I thought that it was an online exclusive, so I'll have to find a Zavvi store and have a look, thank you for your help.

Definitely not an online exclusive - walked into Zavvi in Manchester and there was an entire shelving unit dedicated to just the Death Note LE and that was after the screening event they held for the release.
First time i'd seen such a display in a high street chain especially considering it was set up in the main DVD section and not the tiny excuse for a corner they have for the anime. Just goes to show how much they regard this show I suppose.

Good luck with the search

Well I think someone's got their wires crossed over at eyeonanime cos wasn't the figure in volume 1 Light as well? The Light figurine was included in the second volume in the US I think - but could be wrong

Well, thanks for the help I'm going to try looking in some stores, and I guess that we'll have to wait and see if there are anymore LEs.

Semajer said:
Well, thanks for the help I'm going to try looking in some stores, and I guess that we'll have to wait and see if there are anymore LEs.
I don't get it. Why not do what I said. :S If all you want the Limited Releases for is the figures then why not just buy the figures seperate and then get the normal releases. It might even work out cheaper in the end...

Sy said:
Semajer said:
I don't get it. Why not do what I said. :S If all you want the Limited Releases for is the figures then why not just buy the figures seperate and then get the normal releases. It might even work out cheaper in the end...

I would like to own the special editions as well, just to get the warm fuzzy feeling inside of me knowing that I own them all.

But again as far as know the special editions are EXACTLY the same as the standard editions. The only thing limited about the release is the figure and we won't be getting all the figures anyway with the UK releases since we have much less volumes than the US have.

Sy said:
But again as far as know the special editions are EXACTLY the same as the standard editions. The only thing limited about the release is the figure and we won't be getting all the figures anyway with the UK releases since we have much less volumes than the US have.
And the US having less volumes than Japan. You can get the figurines separately, they are nothing special.

Back